Unspoken [Oh Sehun]

••

I stood by the school gates looking out over the road casually. I was waiting for him. Everyday was like this, I didn't know if he would turn up. But then I suddenly saw the familiar blue bag he always carried. I smiled to myself. He always did come after all.

He spotted me looking at him and gave a small hint of a smile. I turned around and left my all girls school making my way home. I had a huge grin on my face as my cheeks heated up.

I didn't know who he was but we had fallen into a routine-I would wait by the school gates and he would come from his all boys school. I walked ten paces in front of him, always. We had unspoken communication as he followed behind me. We both took the same route home and conveniently lived two apartments from each other.

- flashback -

This had been going on for a month now. I remember the first day I saw him. It was like time had stopped itself, allowing me to bask in the moment before reality hit. I gazed at his side profile, lost myself, lost in him.

He turned around like he had sensed me and his lips lifted up showing his teeth in a smile. I became bashful and quickly turned around again, my face flaming as I walked on. But fate had chosen that exact moment for me to test gravity as I tripped over and fell on the pavement.

I felt warm hands on my arm, the heat was soaking through my thin white shirt. I met his eyes, the same ones that had made me lose my sense of being not long ago. He helped me up and I winced in pain. He saw the blood dripping from my knee but before he could say anything I stumbled away, breathless just being near him.

-

I went up the flight of stairs, two at a time. I entered my apartment and quickly ran to my room. I made my way towards the window and saw his figure walking slowly as he made his way home. Suddenly he stopped and turned around, looking straight at me. I gasped and stumbled back. Had he seen me? No he couldn't have. My heart thudded in my chest like a butterfly trapped in a jar. I peeked over to the window, but saw no sign of him. He was already gone, a ghost in the night.

I sighed wistfully and stared out to towards the crowd. I tried to block out the hum of chatter in the background. My parents always dragged me along to their parties and I always ended up being bored. I picked at the hem of my dress aimlessly when I felt a change in the atmosphere. Was it just me or had it gotten warmer in here?

I let myself out onto the roof top, breathing in the cool night air. I stared out over the city, my thoughts wandering to him. What must he be doing right now? Does he think about me at all? My mind was interrupted by the roof door opening. I realised I needed to get back to the party or my mom would have a search team out looking for me.

I turned around and came to face a familiar pair of brown eyes. His black hair fell over his forehead casually and he had the same smile on his lips. The one I always searched for in the crowd after school.

My eyes grew wide as he stepped towards me. My heart picked up pace and my back hit the railing as he came closer. Out of nowhere he trapped me between the railing and himself; his hands on either side of me.

"I don't think we've officially met," I heard his voice for the first time in my life and my stomach knotted up in tension. "I don't plan on letting you go until I know your name." He gestured to his arms encasing me.

I looked to him panicking and blushed furiously when I saw his one sided smile. "I'm kidding, don't look worried," he joked as he pushed himself back. "It was nice seeing you, again," he put emphasis on the last word as he shoved his hands in his pockets and turned around to leave.

If I didn't do something now, I would probably regret it for the rest of my life.

"My name-" I called out to his retreating back and saw him stop, "is Han Ma Ri."

He turned around and gave me his knowing smile before stepping back towards me. He stuck out his hand and I looked at it surprised. I took his hand and he gently shook. I returned his smile as the heat form his palm travelled up my arm and I slightly shivered.

"I'm Oh Sehun," he paused, "and I really like your name." he looked at me intensely before coming in closer, still grasping my hand. My heart pounded louder as he leaned in and whispered into my ear, "I saw you looking at me from your window."

I gasped and pulled back looking to see his reaction. "Ah, that-um," I stalled laughing nervously. I looked away not having a reply and wishing the ground would swallow me up.

"I don't mind-" he began laughing at my bashfulness, "as long as you let me look at you too."

If my heart wasn't already beating violently, it definitely was now. I avoided looking him and shivered. I knew he was smirking and couldn't help myself from breaking out into a grin as well. I was glad we had spoken, even after a month of untold communication. Maybe this could be the start of something.

//
AN
Hope you enjoyed this short read! Sehun was probably my first official bias in Kpop so how can I not write a fanfic for him haha.

//