Guilt and Revelations

** Alastors POV **
I was excited to see her this morning. It was an incredible feeling to have spoken to someone so freely. Of course I had friends like Rosie, or Zestiel that know about my nature, but they didn't give me the same feeling of catharsis. Sure they may not judge, but that didn't change that my guard had to always be up with them to some degree. They were fellow overlords after all, and I would not put it past them to try to get one over on me.

Despite knowing she was hiding something, her attitude towards me made it relatively clear she had no ill will. It seemed more like she had information she didn't know what to do with and didn't trust anyone enough here to confide in. And that was hardly unexpected in her predicament. Who knows perhaps she knew something that could help me later if I can get close.

I still didn't know why she interested me as much as she did, but at this point I felt cowardly not trying to find out. To my dismay, however, she did not show for breakfast at all.

As a result I found my self much less enthused with the rest of my company and their nagging at my food. I generally liked cooking, it is why I did I decided to take it up for the hotel but my thoughts where elsewhere today, so everything felt annoying.

"What do you want?" I snapped as I felt Angel Dust behind me.

"Woah, don't get your panties in a knot I was just coming to get some coffee" The pink spider slid past me to the coffee machine with his mug. Eyeing me suspiciously. As he left another voice came from behind me.

"Someone's pissy today." Husk remarked bringing his plate and dropping it into the sink.

"I am not pissy." I responded amping up the static in my voice to hide the light shril.

"Oh? You sure you aren't upset the little doe didn't show for breakfast after your last night escapades? It's your fault you know."

I froze for a second, checking that everyone else was back in the eating area I rounded on Husk, static rising in pitch and intensity. "How exactly, is it my fault, kitty?"

He raised his arms in defense but in one of his hands he pulled out two empty whiskey bottles. "May have something to do with these? Come on, you two downed two bottles of some of the heaviest drink we got in here. You are an old demon, of course you would wake up just fine, she just manifested. She probably has the hangover of a life time right now."

My static lowered immidiatly, I wanted to scramble him like the eggs on the skillet but he was right. I didn't think of that, I was so wrapped up in exploring her mind and being able to talk about my self without waiting for someone to recoil in fear I didn't even think of the different affect hells alcohol would have on her. That did explain her audacity last night that propelled her to touch my ears.

"Relax." He continued. "She will be fine, most likely she will be sleeping for a while though. What do you want with her anyway?"

"You don't need to know."

"Mhhmm." Husk hummed, clearly deciding this time not to push the issue further. He exited the kitchen throwing out the two bottles into the trash on his way out.

I finished up breakfast and ate on my own after the rest. I sat for a long time with a cup of black coffee trying to sort out what I was I actually doing. Not only did Husk not need to know, but I barely knew. This level of investment in someone was something I haven't experienced before. Eventually I decided to go back up to my room to change and head out on the town. I needed to get more ingredients for dinner as I was planning to finally make jambalaya and was missing several spices. As I exited the elevator I hear Y/n's voice around the corner.

"Hey Angel, what's up?"

"Nothing, just checking in on you. Saw you with the Radio Demon last night, and you didn't show for breakfast."

Crap him too? I really got sloppy.

"Oh..." Her voice cracked in surprise, she was flustered. And she sounded tired, making me feel guilty. Before I could unpack feeling guilt for the first time in over a century I heard her voice again, "How did you...?"

"I came back late from my shoot. Saw you two on the balcony."

"Did you hear anything?"

"No," Angel Dust giggled "I did see you had him puring on your lap like a house cat. Were those ears as soft as they look?"

"Oh fuck, Angel, please don't tell anyone. We were both drunk, I shouldn't have done that." My chest clenched at her exasperated tone. Did she really think I was mad?

"Relax toots." Angel Dust reassured her. "If he was that mad you would know. And your little secret randevouz is safe with me. But come on sugar cakes I thought I warned you to stay away from him."

"Nothing happened, we just talked. And drank. Holy shit did we drink."

"Apperantly you didn't drink that much since he was just fine this morning. You sure he didn't put something in your drink?" My eye twitched at that accusation. To my relief her defense of me was swift.

"He wouldn't do that."

"Oh and you know that how? He's the Radio Demon! He's probably just buttering you up." Angel Dust's voice was rising in intensity.

"What would he be buttering me up for?"

"A deal! Come on you seem smart enough but its like that his ass strolls over and you loose all sense. That's what these powerful demons do, they butter you up by whispering sweet nothings in your ear and then the next thing you know they have you on a leash for the rest of eternity. You just got here! If there is any of us who has a chance at this redemption bullshit its you."

A laugh escaped from her lips at Angel's last statement, intensifying how indignant Angel felt. "Well excuuuseee me for trying to help you not end up like me!" Angel yelled. After a long pause, Y/n spoke again.

"I am sorry. I know you mean well, its just, you don't know why I am in hell." Her voice was soft, like she was trying to soothe the situation while its going out of her control.

"We've all done shit to get here hun, that don't mean you don't have a chance. I've already fucked up mine, but you could not!"

"Do you think the Radio Demon can be redeemed?"

"Oh fuck no. He's been irredeemable since the minute he got here if the stories are to be believed" Angels response was quick as lightning.

"Yeah, thought so." She replied curtly.

The silence was deafening as the realization hit the spindly pink spider. A door creaked closed, as Angel tried to stop it with a weak "I am sorry!" But his previous response seemed to not be something he could easily take back.

After making sure Angel left, I made my way to my room and changed to go out. I figured some fresh air out of this hotel would do me some good. And based on that conversation, Y/n would not be coming out anytime soon.