xS2 / SEASON 2 Prologue - Never In The Moonlight

Moonlight.

It's something Ryan Everst often finds himself looking at through his office whenever he's stuck late at work.

Sometimes he wonders just what is happening underneath that moonlight; are there families in their homes getting ready for bed? Are there teenagers sneaking out to attend a party? Are there any exhausted workers stuck with the late shift in a seemingly endless night?

He'll never know for certain, not in this office he finds himself in. He's too high up to even see a single soul on the city streets, so all he can do is imagine.

Imagine them and think back to the good old days when he was on those streets.

Those nights where he hung out with friends, getting up to random antics and trouble.

Those nights were they barely managed to avoid getting caught and into trouble by the skin of their teeth.

Those nights where he and his brother would rest underneath the moonlight, telling each other their dreams and aspirations for the future.

But those days are long gone now, and he'll never be able to go back.

He'll never be able to carelessly spend time with his friends just because.

He'll never be able to have a conversation with his brother.

And he'll never be able to look up at the moonlight like he did back then.

All he can do now is remain exactly where he is now; in the moon's shadow.

The Miracle Clinic: Season 2 ~ START!