xS2 Chapter 1 - Back 2 School (1)

The morning sunlight seeps through the shabby blinds of a teenager's bedroom. The teen's bedroom has an old wooden desk with a toy wooden treasure chest with a note on it that reads 'opened on 01/23/2014', a black movable stand next to an open closet where the top shelf holds an old boxed TV with scratches on the side while the bottom shelf has a VHS player, in front of the stand is an open cardboard box filled with VHS tapes, some of the teen's dirty clothes are anywhere but in the hamper, and his backpack is placed onto a chair next to his desk.

Right beside the teen's bed is a bulletin board with several items pinned onto it; a photo of him with three of his closest friends, a photo of him and his mom on his birthday, a photo of his mom and dad on a rooftop when they were teens, a business card for 'Club Azure', a newspaper article about the company 'Moon Shadow Affiliate', a poster of his school's basketball team that his friend is on, a newspaper clipping that has an ad for some helpers known as 'The Three Ts', and many other random trinkets.

The room despite how messy some areas of it are, is organized well and is peaceful.

Or at least it would be peaceful if the alarm clock wasn't blaring loudly. The teen's hand slams down on the clock as he groggily gets out of bed.

"Uh, what time is it?" the 16-year-old, Ronnie Everst, wonders out loud.

Ronnie Everst has black skin, a slightly muscular build, brown eyes, and his black hair is a duke hairstyle. He's also completely screwed as his alarm clock says 6:50 AM, and he needs to be at school at 7:15 AM.

"Shit," Ronnie utters as he quickly stumbles out of bed.

Ronnie quickly grabs his backpack and a pair of clothes as he rushes into the bathroom. He quickly brushes his teeth in one hand while putting on deodorant with the other.

After stepping out of the bathroom Ronnie's now out of his blue striped pajamas and is wearing a blue ripped jean jacket over a red shirt, brown sweatpants, and white socks. He quickly makes his way downstairs and goes to open the door when someone stops him.

"Where do you think you're going?" His mother, Sally Everst questions.

The 34-year-old woman has black skin, green eyes, tattoos on her arms and stomach, and her black hair is in a twist-out style. She's wearing a light blue bandana around her forehead, a black unzipped hoodie jacket over her white crop top, and green cargo pants. She's sitting at the kitchen table with some breakfast and her phone.

"School," Ronnie answers bluntly.

"And who said you could go to your first day of sophomore year with an empty stomach?" Sally asks,

Giving in and not wanting to waste the food, Ronnie sits at the table before quickly scarfing down his food. Once done he stands up, walks to the front door, and puts on his red converse shoes.

"The picture can wait till after school, okay? I gotta go! Love you!" Ronnie yells.

"Love you too and stay safe out there!"

"Stay safe?" Ronnie murmurs as he opens the door, "

Ronnie exits out of his home and into the streets of Starlight City, he quickly makes his way through the streets towards his school. Ronnie runs down the road like he's done every time around this year – avoiding the fallen leaves that hide large puddles of water from yesterday's rain, weaving his way through the traffic on the sidewalk, and making sure his black backpack doesn't fall off of him. As he's running to school though, he almost bumps into someone.

"Sorry!" Ronnie yells, not having the time to stop.

As Ronnie gets closer and closer to the start of his new school year, he has no idea of the tumultuous time that lies ahead of him throughout his sophomore year for both himself and his friends. But that would all come on future days, for now, all he had to worry about was just getting to school on time. However even when he did get to school, that would only just mark the beginning of the chaotic day he was about to have.