xS2 Chapter 3 - Back 2 School (3)

"Back at the end of freshman year, you guys recall how I got kicked out from my family?" Marcus asks as he walks towards the cafeteria.

"Y-yeah?" Alex responds, "Are you gonna give us another long recap of your life?"

"No no," Marcus replies, "Well after a bit of moving from house to house, I managed to settle into a foster home. Well not exactly since I'm the only foster kid and–"

"And this sister is the other child who lives there?" Ronnie asks.

"Yep," Marcus says as he opens the door to the cafeteria, "I have late lunch so I have to head to class."

"Wait, how do we know what your sister looks like?" Ronnie asks.

"You've already met her before," Marcus explains as he leaves.

With those confusing last words, Ronnie, Alex, and Elizabeth make their way into the cafeteria. The cafeteria is filled with people all over the place, most waiting in line for lunch while others are busy trying to find a table to use. The floor is covered in white and blue tiles with vending machines against the wall. There's also a black spiral staircase leading to a balcony on the second floor of the school where there's a concessions stand, a few vending machines, and some tables.

As the three look around, they manage to spot a familiar face sitting at a table.

"Well well well," the freshman remarks, "My brother said you guys wanted me to join your club?"

The person has blonde hair, white skin, freckles, blue eyes, and glasses. She's wearing a purple denim jacket over a white-blue striped shirt, blue jeans, and black shoes.

Alex, Ronnie, & Elizabeth stare at the person.

"So uh, who are you again?" Ronnie asks bluntly.

"Wait, you forgot who I am?" the freshman states befuddled.

"Yep," Alex affirms.

"My memory's a bit foggy," Ronnie remarks.

"Nope," Elizabeth adds.

"I'm Selina, Selina Gulvonac," The freshman states.

"Ohhhh," The three state as their memory comes back.

Selina Gulvonac is a now freshman at Starlight High, but also a cashier at the Starlight City Bookstore. The group's been there a few times, but they haven't chatted with her too much until now.

"Wait, you worked in the 8th grade?" Alex asks, confused.

"Yeah, my dad wanted me to get a job," Selina explains.

"Yeah sorry we didn't recognize you," Ronnie apologizes, "But welcome to the club!"

"Hold on now," Selina remarks, "I would've joined your club easily but after you forgot my name, I don't feel like joining unless you do me a favor."

"What is it?" Elizabeth questions.

"There's this kid in my math class who's been a real prick, so I was wondering if you guys could take him down a peg," Selina explains.

Elizabeth, Alex, & Ronnie get a strange sense of deja vu as they hear Selina's request.

"How do you want us to do that?" Alex asks.

"I don't know, beat him up a little?" Selina suggests.

"I don't think we can beat someone up at school," Ronnie remarks, "And besides what did this guy do to make you hate him on the first day of school?"

"You'll know when you see him," Selina explains, "He's got this white jacket on with neon orange stripes."

"Okay, can I get a name for them?" Alex asks.

"Randy, Randy Buzz," Selina states.

"Okay then," Alex remarks as he cracks his knuckles, "I'll be the one to handle that kid."

As Alex states that, Elizabeth & Ronnie start to feel a weird sense of things coming full circle.

____________________________________________

At the front desk of the school, a person enters with a backpack.

"I'm sorry," the student says, "I thought the first day was tomorrow, could I get a hall pass?"

"Hm? Yeah sure," the lady at the front desk states, "Do you know what class you have?"

"I'll figure it out," the student says with a smile on her face.

As she leaves and enters the school, the student stretches as she remarks, "I wonder if he'll be able to recognize me."

The student walks to her class, history, and enters. Luckily class hasn't started just yet so people haven't paid her much attention. As she looks around, she sees an open desk and takes a seat there. The person next to her is Ronnie Everst.

"Oh, I haven't seen you around before," Ronnie states.

"Yeah I transferred from Seastar High," the girl explains, "though I do have a question for you..."

Ronnie looks at the person to see she has tan skin, brown hair in a ponytail, and amber eyes as well as wearing a black varsity jacket over a white shirt, a black skirt, and black cleats.

"Do you remember me, Ronnie?" the girl asks.

Ronnie looks into the person's eyes before coming to the conclusion that he, in fact, has no idea who she is.

"Uhhhh," Ronnie says as he tries to stall for time.

_______________________________

In the school's gym, Alex is looking around to see who's in his class when he spots someone.

A freshman with black skin, high top dreads, amber eyes, a white jacket with neon orange stripes over a pink t-shirt, blue jeans, and red Converse shoes.

A white jacket with neon orange stripes?

Alex is pretty certain of who that is; Randy Buzz.

"Well then, guess that makes life easier," Alex sighs to himself as he gets ready to deal with Randy.

See You Next Chapter!~