xS2 Chapter 4 - Back 2 School (4)

Ronnie looks at the person to see she has tan skin, brown hair in a ponytail, and amber eyes as well as wearing a black varsity jacket over a white shirt, a black skirt, and black cleats.

"Do you remember me, Ronnie?" the girl asks.

Ronnie looks into the person's eyes before coming to the conclusion that he, in fact, has no idea who she is.

"Uhhhh," Ronnie says as he tries to stall for time.

Seeing Ronnie's lack of response, the girl responds, "I'm Sammy, Sammy Becken. That ring any bells for you?"

"Uhhhhh," Ronnie says as he still tries to stall for time, "The name sounds a bit familiar."

Sammy teases Ronnie, "You're really breaking my heart over here Ronnie."

"Well I'm sorry," Ronnie apologizes.

"Maybe if I hang out with you more you'll be able to recall," Sammy suggests.

Hearing those words, Ronnie's eyes lighten up, "Well if you want to do that, there's a club I'm a part of and we're looking for new members."

"Really? Sounds like fun," Sammy says.

Ronnie smiles as he thinks to himself how with Sammy now joining the club, they need just one more member left. Sure Selina said she'd only join if they dealt with Randy, but it couldn't be that hard to deal with him... right?

____________________________

Alex is in the gym as the gym teacher, Jolyne Joggers, blows a whistle.

"Alright listen up," Miss Joggers says, "Today we're just gonna do something simple for the first day of school. Play a game of dodgeball."

Alex looks around and starts to hear some murmuring from the other students.

"A game of dodgeball, against The Buzzing Brawler!?" one student whispers to another.

"You heard those rumors too?" Another student whispers back, "I heard a single punch from him back in middle school sent a college student flying."

"I heard he's so strong none of the teachers scolded him," Another student adds.

Hearing those rumors, Alex's curiosity peaks. After getting assigned to opposite teams, he walks over to Randy.

"Hey, good luck out there," Randy snarkily remarks, "You're gonna need it."

"Yeah yeah," Alex says as he offers a bet, "Let's make a bet."

"Yeah sure," Randy says with a smirk on his face, "If I get you out, you'll follow every command I give you."

"Okay, and if I get you out, you gotta do me a favor," Alex remarks.

The two shake on it before heading to the opposite sides. Besides sparring with his boxing coach, he hasn't had a proper challenge in a long time, and after hearing the buzz about Randy, he's determined to have a good fight.

"When I blow my whistle, you can all start playing," Miss Joggers explains.

"Three."

Randy gets in a running stance.

"Two."

Alex is prepared to run, yet his eyes have a calm look on them.

"One, go!"

The whistle blows and Alex immediately starts running for the dodgeballs. Randy goes to pick some up from the middle but he can't run as fast as Alex. Alex grabs the rubber dodgeball with his hand and chucks it with all his might toward Randy.

"WAIT WAIT WAIT-" Randy tries to say as the dodgeball smacks him hard in the face.

The noise that was made echoes throughout the gym as Randy falls to the ground, unconscious. Everyone looks stunned at Alex, and even Alex looks at his hand.

He knew he got stronger over the break but did he really get that much stronger?

Maybe he did but there's one thing that became clear to Alex at that moment. All of those stories about Randy in middle school were all lies. Randy's nothing but a fraud.

"Hey, are you breathing?" Alex asks.

Randy lets out some exasperated moan of pain as a response.

"Okay taking that as a yes, and since I won the bet, you're going to have to do me a favor," Alex says as he gets ready to toss a dodgeball at someone else, "You're going to have to join the miracle clinic."

___________________________

The bell rings as the school day comes to an end, the leaves blow through the wind as the students all rush home. All except for Ronnie Everst, who is posted up in front of the doors contemplating something.

"Hey, what are you thinking of?" Sammy asks.

Ronnie, taken aback, nervously utters, "Wh-where did you come from?"

"The door is right next to you dummy," Sammy responds as she playfully flicks Ronnie on the forehead.

"Hey what are you-" Ronnie begins to ask but gets interrupted.

"Oh please you did that all the time, don't you remember?" Sammy asks.

Ronnie falls quiet since he still can't recall who Sammy is, luckily for him, he gets to escape the awkward situation as the rest of the members of the miracle clinic exit out into the school's courtyard.

"Just managed to submit the paperwork in time," Marcus sighs in relief.

"Uh- I'm s-surprised we managed to do it," Elizabeth murmurs, still a little shy around the new faces.

"How did you join this club?" Selina asks as she looks at Randy.

"Like you would want to know, sorry but The Buzzing Brawler won't tell you," Randy scoffs, still not wanting to harm his pride any further.

"Okay Randy," Selina groans.

"Y'know hearing that cringy title reminded me of T-T," Alex brings up.

"Yeah, it's been a while since we really got to hang out with him and the other Ts," Marcus adds.

"Yeah, I think the last time we all saw them was during the fall of–," Ronnie begins to say but gets cut off.

"Club Azure?" Someone adds.

The whole group looks over to see a short scrawny kid standing next to them. The person has a smile on his face as he looks at them.

"Uh, who the fuck are you?" Alex asks.

See You Next Chapter!~