Prologue 2: Bonds Beyond Blood (The Sake Cup Pirates are Born!)

Previously on...

"Sabo's right," Ace added in a rare show of support

"Sabo's right," Ace added in a rare show of support. "Me and him can teach you a thing or two about surviving out here, City Kid." His teasing grin took the sting from the nickname.

I just grumbled and looked to the side. I didn't like anyone mentioning my low strength. I guess I got sensitive about it after I wasn't able to save my dog Zeus... But they were right, I could use the extra training... But I'd never admit that out loud.

"Shishi! Yaay! This'll be so much fun. Let's go eat dinner as soon as we get there, kay?! I call dibs on the most meat!" Luffy shouted.

"Hey, who said anything about agreeing to that?!" Ace snapped. "It's every man for himself at mealtime idiot!

But Luffy had already taken off like a shot, yelling "Race you there!" as he dashed headlong into the forest.

I winced. "Luffy, slow down before you get lost! Eugh, these injuries still sting..." But he was already gone in a flash.

Sabo grinned, always ready for a challenge. "Don't worry, we'll catch him. Just follow my lead and go at your own pace. Now let's go!"

*INTRO*

---

YOUR POV:

After we arrived back at Dadan's house, Luffy, Ace, and Sabo instantly went to sleep on the floor with a single cover that went over all of us. I had trouble sleeping since my wounds were still hurting, so I found myself waking up multiple times during the night. Finally, morning came. I was the only one awake, or so I thought. Then Dadan came in the room.

"Good morning Ms. Dadan!" I said with a grin on my face, trying to ignore the pain throbbing through my body.

Dadan looked over at me while still rubbing her sleepy eyes. "Mornin' kid." She then opened her eyes fully and observed my bandaged form. "What the hell happened to you? You're wrapped up like a damn mummy! Were you fighting a bear or something?"

I scratched the back of my head. "Oh, that... it's a bit of a tale."

Dadan squinted her eyes while looking at Luffy, then ace, then... "Uh, hold on a second. Maybe my vision is just crap..." She rubbed her eyes again, staring at the blond child. "No, no, no. This isn't right." Dadan grabbed the cover and yanked it off the four of us.

"WHO THE HELL IS THE KID WITH THE BLOND HAIR?!" Dadan shouted waking the others with a start.

"Who's what now?" Luffy asked sleepily.

Ace woke up with his eyes closed tight. "C'mon, it's too early for questions... Pipe down, will ya?" he grumbled. Ace began reaching blindly for the blanket now yanked across the room. "Give that back, it's cold!"