Prologue 3: Departing From Mt. Colubo (Each Island Will Know my Name!)

Previously on...

"Let me tell you guys a secret

"Let me tell you guys a secret. All it takes to become brothers is to share some sake!"

"Sake, huh? Never heard of it." My nose twitched at the enticing scent of fruit and roasted nuts. Definitely a unique drink if I've ever seen one.

"We may sail on different seas, with different crews, on different ships. But wherever we go, and whatever adventures we have, we'll always be brothers, and nobody can take that away!"

We all lifted our cups as Ace continued "From now on, we're honest-to-goodness brothers! Cheers to that!"

The four cups met with a merry clink. "Brothers!" we cheered as one, cementing our eternal bond that couldn't be taken back no matter what! I took a tentative sip, and I was actually surprised at the sake's complex flavors.

At first, I didn't think I'd go so far as to actually have friends, let alone brothers. I went from being sad, living off the streets as an abandoned child, to becoming strong and adventuring in the wilds along with people who accepted me just as I was, rough edges and all. Now it's time to see how the world is gonna handle us future big shots!

---

*INTRO*

*Timeskip a Few Weeks*

YOUR POV:

Me and Luffy were hanging outside Dadan's hut, relaxing in the orange sunset. I glanced at Luffy and saw that he had a troubled expression.

"Alright, spill it. What's bothering you, Luffy?" I asked.

Luffy looked up at me sadly. "I just... can't stop thinking about Sabo. I hope he's okay."

"Still worried about what happened two days ago?" Luffy nodded. My smile faded for a moment as I pondered, recalling to when we were ambushed by Bluejam and Sabo was taken back to high town with his father.

I patted him on the back gently. "Honestly, me too. But Sabo did that for us, if he didn't comply with his father's demand, then me, you, and Ace would've been killed that day. This isn't the last time we see him, I've got a good feeling."

A small smile touched Luffy's lips. "You think so?" I nodded confidently.

It was only a few moments later till we heard rustling in the forest next to us. It was a person. "Who's there?!" I shouted while standing up and holding my metal pipe in preparation for a fight.

Then a familiar face came into view. "Oh, it's just you Dogra..."

"