2

The first thing Ehsaan saw was a name plate right in front of the gate, by the name 'Altab Nagari'. It was quite curious to know, why the name's been originated (not only stated in the introduction) and also the deeper insights of it. A group of teenagers were drinking tea beside the wooden tea-stall, where a gentleman distributed not only the singular product. On the further note, he was selling some fritters and samosas too. One of the teenagers never looked overgrown, such of the man on his late 20s. He may have been passing with a truck, but the place for him looked lively.

Markets were small but so many grams of rice and potatoes attracted the crowd through cheap prices. Furthermore, school looked more like apartment buildings unlike the tin-shade ones at Alta Dighi. People in the big city might have lavish or busy roads with traffic but in a certain section, there was a breath of fresh air in 'Altab Nagari'. Some of the strangest things that never were seen in Alta Dighi, was a school that was so modernized, different vehicles, other than yellow auto rickshaws, trucks and buses. It has cars which had monitors, while other cars didn't had it and in that point, technology was quite wasted upon. Little did Ehsaan knew, there will be a change in his life, never to be imagined.

When they reached a dusky stained apartment with red bricks, they stopped there. In contrast to the neighborhood, where Ehsaan grew up, the buildings inside the apartment were a bit congested just as, those in the city. They entered the apartment. It was huge for a kid like Ehsaan who just shifted from the small, congested house.

A middle aged, bald, older looking man with a twirling mustache, wearing old-square framed glasses and white kurta arrived in front of the apartment door. Mrs. Ahmed was so pleasant that, she received a fatherly smile from him.

"Is he the landlord of our house?" whispered Ehsaan to his mother.

"Yes" she whispered back.

"Well hello, Humayrah, I haven't expected you to come this soon. Was the traffic less?" asked the landlord.

"Well, we departed early in the morning from Alta Dighi. Well, the traffic was quite less than expected" said Mrs. Ahmed (Humayrah).

"Hmmm...well young man, have you seen around the place?" asked the landlord.

"It's 'open' compare to what Alta Dighi was" said Ehsaan. "But, would you mind if I ask you a question?"

"Surely, grand-nephew, what is it?" said the landlord.

"Why this place is called, Altab Nagari, isn't it unusual?" asked Ehsaan curiously.

Both Mrs. Ahmed and the landlord chuckled to a teenager's curiosity.

"Maybe, you're looking at the wonders, isn't it? It's quite like a hub, which might be available in the small town areas with limited things, but you may take more resources here" said the landlord.

For the first time, Ehsaan was relieved as the last landlord in Alta Dighi was violent and abusive towards him, while in front of Mrs. Ahmed, he played 'Mr. Nice Guy'. Thank goodness, that he could able to escape from those people.

The landlord in the 'Alab Nagari' apartment was Mr. Delwar (Dulu), whose family was quite unusual than what he seemed. For a human, someone too fatherly couldn't be justified unless the relationship within the family would have been functional. Anyway, the area didn't feel like 'resource-worthy', nor 'ultra-modernized'. Ehsaan's curiosity grew more, because something mysterious may happen.

"If it's a hub, isn't there a history regarding this place?" asked Ehsaan.

"Ehsaan-" said Mrs. Ahmed, trying to stop him.

"It's ok, the kid loves wonders, is it?" interrupted Mr. Delwar, landlord.

"Yes, granduncle" answered Ehsaan politely.

"'Altab Nagari' is a hangout place for some people, but judging by its origins, The British, The Pakistanis and even, after independence, the tea stall became so famous that this area has been named after it. The taste of the fritters are so out of this world, among the food filled with pesticides, they do it organically. Not only that..." he gulped while taking out the further information.

Ehsaan's curious eyes almost gone high, but controlled it by looking at his mother. His nerves were about to break down, hence, he took out a bottle of water from his bag pack and drank such if he was having wine shots. He was huffing continuously.

"Are you okay, dear?" patted Delwar on Ehsaan's back, along with Mrs. Ahmed.

"Pardon my son, he's just having some 'tiredness' " said Mrs. Ahmed.

"Humayrah, I'm familiar with his anxiety. I believe, he'll be fine" answered Delwar.

After he took Paracetamol-pain killer meds, he took a nap. It was actually a post-traumatic stress disorder that Ehsaan was having since he came from Alta Dighi. A lot of people were unkind to him due to his overconfidence but at the same time, his stammer, except for his mother and Ara. Though the expectations were too low for Ehsaan, he saw some of the best wonders. What school he'll be in? Would it be the similar to his life in Alta Dighi or would change forever for good?

In the afternoon, he woke up after a nap. The sky was pink and the half-moon just rose to the deep aspects of the sky. Ehsaan saw the people who were drinking tea in the morning, were playing football. But suddenly, shot over Delwar, the landlord's window glass. When Delwar heard the glass-break and wasn't really surprised about the glass that broke. He squeaked his voice "Love you, kids! Please do break the glass! It's 500 takas more!"

Delwar gave flying kisses to these kids, due to the leader who looked intimidating near Delwar. His unique thin body with the obnoxious 70s outlook was unique among the other three kids who wore trendy polo t-shirts, back in the year 2000s.

"De la Grande Amour!" screamed the leader who was on his late 20s.

"What kind of a language is this?" said Delwar.

"French! Amigos" replied the leader.

"Enough of your French, do take a French leave, please! Thank you!" said Delwar rudely.

"Otherwise, give us a French kiss" coughed the leader and cleared his throat, when the passerby gave an awkward pause.

"Ahem! Aye aye, sir! Now, Ikkhon, Arhan and George, shall we play catch-catch?"

Passerby calmed down and left. The rest of the three kids were so happy that Delwar got annoyed. He was about to leave and said "Utha le re, maalik uthale! (God, take me away! I need to take a shower from heaven)".

Ehsaan was giggling, looking at all the scenario from the window's perspective. But he was confused at the same time. What if they were bullies, similar to the ones in Alta Dighi? Will the area 'Altab Nagari' will take him more of the trauma or will boost his mental abilities? Because, he may have been an average student, but as person, since his closeness to both the parents, especially closeness to the father was inevitable.

Instantly, he closed the window, looking at a mini vintage red car, where he was reminiscent of what happened before his death. His father arrived at the scene and Ehsaan ran near him. Mr. Ahmed smiled and told little Ehsaan to close his eyes. He took off a box and got his eyes opened. The little boy unwrapped the box and was that toy vintage car that he had been craving for.

Now, the fourteen year old looks at it and made him realize to live in a moment of life. Fathers are quite precious but mothers are integral part of our lives. Roots are mothers, but plants and fruits are their off-springs. On the other hand, friends are the packs who may never leave alone, even in their odd times.

His thoughts were wandering around as he doesn't want to remember the tragic memories back in Alta Dighi. Though, in Alta Dighi, similar incidents may happen but the landlord used to complain to the parents that made a lot of chaos-even honor killing the innocent children. These dark memories were traumatic.

If Ehsaan adjusts into the new beginning, this might be a life-changing event-ever.