Ch. VII ✡A Hazbin Day✡

YOU EXHALE A TIRED BREATH, YOUR HAND and wrist slightly aching from how long you've held a pen. Though you were pleased to say that the main goal of yours--completing another stack of paperwork that has piled up from how many sinners deciding to join due to Extermination Day nearing--was complete.

At the same time, you can't help but feel as if you're wasting your time with it, judging that in just six hours, half of the demons who've signed up on a whim drops out because of impulsive behavior. 

So far during your now two weeks of working at the Hazbin Hotel, all you've been tasked to do is go through the paperwork, and occasionally entertain some guests. Which was a little silly, knowing that any demon who lays their eyes upon you will screech in fear and run.

...is that why so many demons dropped out so quickly? That just occurred to you.
Well, if that is the situation, you certainly are giving Alastor quite the show, and fueling Charlie's worries.

On accident of course, you wouldn't want to intentionally do that, unless the demon was a prick and deserved it.

Nevertheless, if the days are tiring, or even redundant, you were thankful to be here. It gave you an excuse to leave your home. 

Setting aside your pile of papers, you stretch before rising to your feet, the bones in your arms popping as you walk out of the hotel's office to go and take your well-deserved break.

Truthfully, being here, it gave you something to do. You've felt restless for decades, not knowing what to do besides helping Carmilla Carmine from time to time, and staying at home reading history and William Shakespeare books. 

Your father is doted on anything written by William Shakespeare. He's even claimed to have met William once or twice when he was alive.

Such fascinating yet horrifying stories your father has...you have memories of being a small child sitting on his knee besides the fireplace, while his long fingers combed through your hair as he told his tales of his time as a human.

You always loved his stories.
But there came a time when the stories stopped and was replaced with the high expectations of being the perfect daughter. No room for fun, stories...or imagination.

You are stuck, tied to a reality you don't want to live, merely hoping that by working at the Hazbin Hotel, you'll feel as if you have a little control over your life.

Upon entering the longue, you see Charlie sitting at the bar, along with the other demon who calls himself Angel Dust.
Charlie is, as always, chipper and happy, believing wholeheartedly that someone will be redeemed before Extermination Day.

Though you doubt it. And you aren't the only one who doubts it either.
Curiously, you glance around. There is a color missing here...where's Alastor?

In fact, you haven't seen him as of yet today, which was odd. He usually shows up here and there, even if it's for a quick hello and goodbye. So, what made that routine break?

But, oh well, you guess. It's a little weightlifting off the chest when he's not around, to be honest.
When he's not here, you feel as if you can slightly lower your guard, and not appear so...cold.

With one inhale of a breath, you sit down at the bar, kindly asking the bar tender to pass you some coffee, which he scoffs at, mumbling under his breath about how you're at a bar, and why would he serve coffee?