Ch. XVI ✡Old Friends✡

(DISCLAIMER: My "Hazbin Hotel" theory when it comes to Carmilla Carmine is that she was an angel once--either have fallen by choice, or by force, idk--and that would make sense because of how well she can build and handle Angelic weapons. So, in this story, I made Carmilla Carmine a fallen angel. Just an A/N, enjoy!)

Shout outs to...
anxietyfilledfangirl

cl0ud_24

thebreakfastclubBMTH

Teejaylikestosimp

MiniDevil793

You all know why you got your shout outs😉

✡✡✡

WHAT A TIRESOME AND QUITE FRANKLY unnecessary day. Zestial not only wasted a cup of rather delicious tea upon hearing the news of his daughter fighting against Adam, but also had been disrespected by you, who all he's ever done is strive for your well-being and security in this place that is Hell.

Though feeling heated in the moment of debate between you and him, afterwards, the comedown slowly came upon Zestial, and he began to take your words with more of a deep consideration and less rash thinking.

Had you really believed that Zestial is not proud of you? He confesses, he feels more aggravated due to the fact you lied to him, which in truth blinds his somewhat pride towards your honorable action. But deep within the darkness that is his soul...he does feel a bit proud. 

His little girl just fought against the first man ever created. Even though you were unsuccessful in defeating him--which was the same for everyone else who attempted, t'was Lucifer who managed to weaken Adam to great extent--you still held your ground with courage and love for those who hold a place in your heart.

How could he NOT feel pride? But due to his anger, he didn't show it to you. Alas, to most, Zestial appears a stoic, in control, intimidating, and unpredictable demon creature...though when it comes to being your father, he finds himself frightened. Frightened to lose your love and admiration from a mistake on his part...frightened to lose you to the greedy hands of Hell.

He admits that when you were just a baby, he would sit in your nursery for hours on end, ignoring his body's urges to sleep, just to make sure you were not too cold, or too hot. He would stare at you, hands clasped under his chin, his mind and heart a mix of thoughts and emotions at the new little life that had been placed within his hands.

A twist of his fate, for when in his human years...he took lives, and never cared for them. A responsibility--caring for you--he feared he would fail because of the knowledge lacked in raising a child. Though thankfully...he wasn't entirely alone and had help from your mother...who to your eyes...was simply your father's old friend, and nothing more.

And because of the unexpected ordeals today, he finds himself walking to the very place where your mother resides and knocking two times on her door. In moments when Zestial finds himself at a lost, she always knows how to lead him back on the right path.

One of the many reasons...as to why he had fallen in love with her, a long time ago...when he was merely another soul damned to Hell. She was one of the reasons as to why he rose to be the Overlord he is now. She was his inspiration, his motivation.