Ch. IX ✡Lucifer✡

QUITE THE PLEASENT SURPRISE...Lucifer Morningstar coming to visit the hotel for the...second time? You weren't present during the first appearance. It was before you were assigned as co-owner.

Of course at the same time, it's not surprising. The main owner of this hotel is Lucifer's only child/daughter.

Nevertheless, it's kind of exciting to see Lucifer again, after going centuries of merely wondering what had happened to him.

Due to your father's rank/helping the King of Hell, Lucifer himself, you've met Lucifer more then once.
Many times as a child, and sometimes as a young adult.

When you were small, Zestial and Lucifer would be in Luci's office to chat about Hell and business, while you and Charlie would play on the red throw rug with Lucifer's collection of rubber ducks to keep the two of you busy. At the time, Lucifer's rubber duck collection merely filled a small chest.

But you've overheard Charlie mention that now his collection is to the point where it's...overflowing Lucifer's office.

Now that you think about it--when it comes to Charlie and you being little playmate's as children, you're surprised to realize that when you had first joined the hotel staff weeks ago, Charlie seemed as if...she didn't remember you.

But at the same time, you don't doubt it. It's been ages since you and her had seen each other last.

The last time you saw both Charlie and Lucifer, you were only twenty-five.
Now, you're past three hundred years old.

Your father continued to meet with Lucifer, but without you. For some reason...Zestial wanted it to be so, due to something Lucifer was going through.
Until suddenly...Lucifer cut ties with Zestial as well.

Since then, it's been rare to see Lucifer. In fact, no one has seen him.
But behold! Here he is now! Appearing somewhat happy, too.
You were glad that he seemed happy. He should be happy...due to his harsh reality and past. And the fact that his wife, Lilith, had left...for unknown reasons.

You smile softly, leaning against the bar counter as you watch the little moment where Lucifer comes into the hotel, happily calls out his daughter's name, and hugs her so tight that she squeaks like a rubber duck.

You giggle. Rubber ducks...you used to love his toys. He even gave you a couple when you were a child, as a thank you for being a good helper, for randomly going out of your way to get papers or pens or even drinks for both your father and Lucifer during their meetings.

A small blush forms on your cheeks. You were a funny kid, always wanting to take charge of a duty.
You still are like that...to be honest.

Alastor--who sits beside you at the bar--notices the faint pink glow on your skin, and he glares at you, though it's not noticeable.

"You're blushing."

You're brought back to reality, and you instantly snap your posture upright and rub at your cheeks, embarrassed that you were caught. "So?"

"Why is that?" Alastor asks, his fingers tapping roughly against his shot glass of bourbon. "You never blush, nor do you ever smile."

"That's a lie," you say defensively. "I do smile, just not at you."

Alastor chuckles, his eyes staring down into the little bit of alcohol left in his glass.
Sigh...after this visit, he might need the whole bottle, if he can't let out any steam on sinners.

He can't stand Lucifer. The man who's shorter in real life and has a ridiculous apple for a cane. What kind of nonsense is that?! At least Alastor's cane has a microphone head with an eyeball. Now THAT is classy!