Chapter 4: The Striking Flame🔥

Well it's been a while since I've touched this story, but I'm now back in action and will be posting as much as possible to catch up on all the time missed in the writing of this story. Though now that our main character is in the Taisho Period, I can finally get along with the main story! I hope you guys enjoy!

???: "Talking"

???: 'Thinking'

———————————————————————————

3rd POV:

In the glowing light of the moon, two figures are seen zipping through the trees of a forest at high speeds. Not one misstep or wasted movement is seen in these warriors, though there is a noticeable difference in their movements, as one seems to be highly lax, while the other is putting effort into each stride. These two warriors are Y/n and Haruki, two Demon Slayers driven by the same goal. Slaying demons.

Haruki's Kasugai Crow had assigned him the task of eliminating demons residing in a nearby village. He of course invited Y/n to come along, as I've the small time of slaying demons together he could tell Y/n was a very experienced fighter, so knowing that he believed inviting him on the mission would only add extra insurance in the success of the mission. Which he isn't wrong about...

With the ethereal rays of the moon guiding them on their makeshift path, they were dashing across the branches of tall Koyama spruce tree, gaining tremendous speed using the leverage of gravity and their own strength propelling them forward. No doubt that travelling along the trees is both effective and beautiful if you are capable enough to do so, if not then tough luck.

"Thank you for assisting me on this endeavour Y/n." Haruki says to Y/n while continuing forward. "It's no trouble at all, as you are the only person I really know in this area right now, so I feel doing this would only benefit both of us while also repaying you for your hospitality." Y/n replies back with a straight face, while also effortlessly leaping branch to branch. "Haha! No need to worry about repaying me for anything! I find your company to be nice, and also the fact that you're an excellent slayer helps." Haruki says back with an enthusiastic smile.

As the two slayers journey through the forest, they quickly spot a clearing in the distance. Simultaneously, they pick up their pace and dash towards it at even greater speeds. Arriving at the clearing in no time, they both land on the ground with a silent touch. Both men glance at each other for a second before turning in the direction of the village in the distance, and begin their trek towards the village. "It seems the entire village is asleep." Haruki points out the obvious, talking about the darkened village, not a single soul to be seen. "It's to be suspected, as there have been sightings of a demon roaming the village at night. It would only make sense they would be inside around the time of the sightings." Y/n explains to Haruki with a deadpan look on his face, while Haruki gains a look of surprise "Ohh." Haruki says back with a sheepish expression.

As Y/n and Haruki reach the village entrance, they proceed inside while keeping a watchful eye on their surroundings. Both keeping a lookout for the rumoured demon. The silence in the air is almost deafening, as the almost soundless steps of the slayers are the only sound to be heard in the entire village, and that's what most strange about it. It's to quiet. Both slayers glance to each other in a knowing look, with a firm nod from both people they seemingly disappear. Though in reality they had dashed off in separate directions to look for the demon haunting this village. Hoping to cover more ground by splitting apart, they both dash from rooftop to rooftop, using the high ground as an advantage for lookout.

Y/n's 3rd POV:

The speeding figure of Y/n is seen leaping rooftop to rooftop, surveying his surroundings for any signs of an evil entity. Having no luck thus far, he decides to come to a halt on one of the roof of a house in the village. Standing there with his eyes closed, he seems to be focusing, no not focusing, more sensing. Sensing the area around him for any malevolent auras. Y/n's eyes swiftly snap open, and without hesitation, he dashes in the direction where he detected an ominous force. His expression remains apathetic as he closes in on the demons presence's. Upon reaching the spot he initially sensed the demon, he lands with precision. Scanning the area, he finds no sight of the demon in the open, though that's only if you were only looking, as Y/n continued looking around his surroundings he had found the origin of the demons presence. Stoping his gaze on a dark alleyway between two houses, he started his way towards it. Listening closely he could hear sounds of chewing? No devouring. Moving nearer, the demon becomes visible, displaying a humanoid appearance with sharp teeth and claws, hunched over its unfortunate victim. Unaware of its impending doom behind it, the demon persists in indulging in human flesh. In a swift motion, its head is severed from its body by a crimson blade before it can react. Y/n returns the blade to its sheath, taking a moment before uttering, "Please let this demon be reborn as a kind human." His eyes open in the direction of the unfortunate man who fell victim to the demonic monster.

Y/n approaches the lifeless man, kneeling beside him to offer a prayer for the unfortunate soul. "I pray that you may forgive this demon, as they do not know the pain of being human no longer," he intones. As the final word leaves his lips, a figure lands behind him outside the alleyway. That being Haruki, making a silent entrance into the unfolding scene. Haruki, displaying sympathy in his voice, remarks, "Ah, I see you've also slain a demon, Y/n. Though it's unfortunate that an innocent soul was claimed." Y/n stands and faces Haruki, responding, "The mission is complete; you should inform the Corps that a man was found dead at the hands of a demon." Y/n then walks past Haruki, leaving the man briefly stunned before he regains composure, speeding up to catch up with Y/n. "Hey, you didn't ask if I slayed a demon at all!" Haruki interjects, expecting acknowledgment. Y/n, in a blank tone, queries, "Did you slay a demon?" "Yes, I did! In fact, I slayed two demons!" Haruki exclaims, eager to share his accomplishment with the red-headed boy. "Impressive. Now we must get going as we don't know when the next mission will come," Y/n states, completely ignoring Haruki's accomplishment. "You don't even care, do you? Hey! Get back here!" Haruki yells as Y/n takes off running.

-Time Skip Unknown Amount of Time -

3rd POV:

As the sun began its descent below the horizon, its warm glow cast over a stunning manor adorned with lush vegetation around its grounds, groups of butterflies fluttered around in the air, enhancing the beauty of the already stunning landscape. In the backyard, a magnificent cherry blossom tree adorned the scene, the wind blowing its pink petals around casting a magical display. Within the house, two beautiful young women prepared for action. "It's time to head out now," one of them expresses joyfully, while the other gazes at her with a stern demeanor, replying, "Let's go."

Well that's all for now! I hope you enjoyed it even if it's not that long! I hope to get the next chapter out faster than all the others, so I hope you can be a little more patient. Though luckily I'm finally getting to the important characters, but I do wonder who those two mysterious ladies are?? Hmmmm...