Interruptions

Astrid's p.o.v.

"You fool! You weren't supposed to touch the sides!" Loki shouted as we were tossed around as though we were in a clothes dryer.
"I didn't! I was too busy getting beaten up!" I screamed back, beginning to feel pretty sick.
"Then why are we falling out of the sky?" He demanded.
My limbs kept hitting the sides and suddenly I was launched towards Loki. I decided that If I was about to die I ought to seize the opportunity to get him back for his earlier attack. I struck his face as hard as I could as soon as my foot was near enough. There was a satisfying crack as the sole of my combat boot smacked against his jaw. He was enraged but unable to react as we were now both being squashed by the g force as it stuck us to the ceiling of the cage.

Even if we could have moved, we didn't have time for fighting each other, the ground was getting closer.
We had no weapons and magic couldn't help us here either.
I closed my eyes and tried my best not to let panic take hold of me.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Loki's p.o.v.

We were about to die. Or at least Astrid was for sure. I wasn't certain about myself, I was a god but there were certain boundaries I didnt like to test. This was definitely one of them. I have to admit that I was terrified of the prospect of dying, as anyone else would be. I couldn't think of a plausible way for us to escape. She closed her eyes; she was giving up. I was about to do the same. I blamed myself for putting her in this situation, if she hadn't saved me then we wouldn't both be in here and only I would be dead. It seemed such a waste of a life but there was more to it than that, I couldn't quite put my finger on it. I cared about her. Before I could mull over these strange thoughts, which were no doubt born out of the imminence of our deaths, something impacted with the cage. The splinters and shards of debris showered us both. It was then that I realised Thor had smashed a hole through the wall of glass. He seized me by the arm and, although this would otherwise have resulted in me trying to kill him, I didn't want to die, at least not in this way.

Then I saw the Man of Iron pull Astrid from the wreckage and soar upwards after us, just before the cage plunged into the ocean and sank. The wave of water created soon subsided until there was no sign of anything. No doubt we would have drifted to the bottom of the ocean and died a horrific death, from the pressure or suffocation... It would have been a slow and desperate death unlike If we'd hit the ground and been killed on impact. Relief washed over me that these scenarios playing through our mind were not those which fate had chosen for us.

___________________________________________

Amy's p.o.v.

Suddenly Coulson entered the room and interrupted our little 'discussion', he was followed by two armed guards.
Then I noticed that they had Julie by an arm each. This was amusing and Norman and I exchanged a look, like two kids at a dinner table.
"What is the meaning of this?" Fury demanded, standing up and turning to face Coulson.
"This agent activated the safety mechanism of Loki's cage whilst he and Astrid were trapped inside," he explained.
Julie rolled her eyes and made a defiant little snort.
I heard the names Astrid and Loki and then 'trapped' and immediately a hundred and one different scenarios started to play out in my mind. Most of them involved violence.

"So what? It was an accident right? I mean, they were trying to fix it," Fury shrugged it off.
My best friend had been trapped in a cage with Loki, which had then been dropped from a great height, and all Fury had to say was: 'so what'? Really? He didn't even know if she was alive yet.
(I presumed that she was because Coulson, though he rarely showed any signs of panic, would react differently if someone had died.)