Darkness Falls

Amy's p.o.v

When I finally came around I had no idea where I was and could barely remember my own name either. Spluttering I coughed up some water which left a foul earthy taste in my mouth to add to the lingering taste of blood that was already there; not a great sign.

I could feel that I was lying awkwardly on my right side on some sort of...cave floor perhaps? The side of my face was pressed against the floor and I couldn't see my own hands in front of my face... or at least, I guessed that I wouldn't have; I couldn't be sure because I realised that they had been tied behind my back!

Slowly I began to recall the events that led to me waking up here. Astrid, Norman, Loki, Daken and the Avengers, their faces flicked through my mind along with a few others like Fury's - god I wanted to kill that man! This was more his fault than Astrid's and I had been blaming her... I hoped that they were okay, especially Norman.

Was I okay?

I assumed that the monster had dragged us below the water and to a cave, or perhaps someone had intervened and saved us... but if that was the case I couldn't see a reason for them to tie me up.

Then I remembered about my 'condition' and began to pray that my temporary amnesia wasn't due to another episode of insanity.

Where was Daken?

I tried to sit up, wriggling like a worm or perhaps more like a seal on the beach. It took a lot of effort and I gained a few more scratches to add to the damage my body had already sustained but in the end I managed it. After that I wasn't sure what I could do and I started to feel quite sick from swallowing too much filthy lake water.

After throwing up a few minutes later I felt much better and was beginning to get my bearings a little more as my eyes slowly adjusted to the lack of any source of light. I couldn't tell whether the gnawing pain I was experiencing was hunger or the early signs of an upcoming purple rage outburst. Maybe that wouldn't be such a bad thing given the circumstances? I would at least be able to escape, the downside of course was that I knew that I would also probably kill everyone in a two mile radius.

My thoughts were suddenly interrupted when I heard a soft moan somewhere off to my right and immediately tensed, waiting to see what happened. After a little while holding my breath I dismissed it as a rat or simply a figment of my imagination. Then I heard a more distinct moan, like someone was waking up to a killer hangover.

I decided to risk it and called out quietly with a croaky voice from my dry throat.

"Daken?"

There was a pause as the person got their bearings like I had.

"Who is Daken?" the voice mumbled. it sounded like a guy.

"You okay?" I asked since I didn't think that, since they had only just come round, I should quiz then immediately about where I was.

"Do I look okay?" the guy answered trying to sit up.

"I wouldn't know I don't have night vision."

"Hah. sometimes I forget I'm the only one."

Before I could have asked him what he meant I heard another voice.

"Do you even know where you are? if you did you wouldn't be so carefree"

Carefree isn't a word I would have used to describe my current attitude to the situation - I felt extremely tired, hungry, in pain and likely to lose my temper at any moment!

"Sorry?" I ask the mysterious woman across from me.

"You, we are imprisoned..." She began but was interrupted by the guy I spoke to earlier when he laughed and said: