Fight or Flight?

Loki's P.O.V.

I tried to use my magical abilities to heal Brian but it only partially worked; his weak human body could not endure the full process which was required to complete it - as that of mine or the Asgardians' could. Frustrated I hurriedly walked back towards the fire, being careful not to be seen by the swarms of humans in police uniforms, and took the shirt off a soldier we had killed who was lying by one of the exits. Once I had returned to Brian i tore it into strips and bound his wounds. Lola kept looking from her master to me, her eyes full of sadness. I found it fascinating that a creature could express so much just through her eyes and that she was so loyal as to seek help for Brian. In this way I decided that dogs were not at all like wolves. when I had finished I lifted Brian up and supported him to see if he could walk. I saw him grit his teeth but he appeared to be determined so we started to diligently make our way towards the main road. Once we reached it I wondered where Astrid had been taken. I was not sure what we could do...

________________________________________________________________________________________________

Amy's P.O.V.

After burning the circus down to the ground and everyone and all the animals in it, Norman had brought me to a strange place. It was like we were in a void of white nothingness and I didn't like it.

"You are doing so well... there's just one last thing you have to do before you can be set free"

"What is it?" I asked suspiciously.

"You must remember that this isn't real and if you want to stand a chance of surviving and saving what is left of your sanity you must act swiftly Amy." Norman said hurriedly.

I didn't like the way he was speaking to me, I knew it would be something bad but before I could protest or interrogate him further Astrid appeared next to him looking dazed and confused. My heart sank and I stared at her. No... I couldn't kill her! I Wouldn't kill her, I would not play this game anymore. I pleaded with him to send her back but he wouldn't listen. When she had come to terms with where she was Astrid tried to walk towards me. Norman looked angry and suddenly a chain appeared attacked to her ankle which Norman used to yank her backwards. He dragged her as she protested and struck out back to stand next to him. What was he doing? I felt the anger start to knaw away at me like I did when I was about to black out..

The scenery was starting to change from the nothingness we were stood in. It was blurry at first but was gradually coming into focus. We were out in the open somewhere, somehtings that looked like trees surrounding us as though we were stood in a clearing. It seemed like my anger was being transferred to the surroundings as a brooding storm was brewing. The black angry thunderclouds mirrored my own rage.

Norman began to look increasingly more desperate, angry himself

"Stop resisting" he shouted but to my surprise it was not in his own voice.

"NO!" I replied.

His face seemed to flicker. Astrid continued to struggle but was seemingly powerless.

"LET YOUR FRIENDS GO! YOUR LOYALTIES LIE ELSEWHERE NOW" he shrieked.

his face flickered again but it was obscured by the now pouring rain. I advanced several steps my fists clenched, my conscience no longer interferred now I knew he wasn't really Norman.

When I got closer to him I noticed he had a knife in his hand and grabbing Astrid he held it to her throat. When his face flickered again it changed for longer, barely a second but this time I could see who it was clearly; Alejandro. I looked at my arm and sure enough saw the cuts he had himself made witht the knife earlier, my anger quickly increased. I glared at him.