Life or Death

Amy's p.o.v.

Tumbling down towards Earth, the wind tugging roughly at my clothes and hair, I came to a sudden realisation that made me worry more than the idea of my parachute failing when I pulled the release cord.

"Yes, that would be much worse." I muttered darkly to myself.

I was starting to feel the same dizziness and the faint gnawing away somewhere inside me that I had felt the previous times Before turning purple-y and turned in to psychopathic, homicidal Amy instead of my normal, friendly self. Why did this have to start now? However, I wasn't yet seeing purple so there was still hope and I could, although it took a lot of mental willpower, hold it back for short periods of time. We all pulled on the the strings, releasing our parachutes which I imagined looked like a group of floating jellyfish from a distance. It turns out that steering the damn things is actually very difficult, not that it would have made a difference because below us sprawled a forest. It was an endless mass of tall green pine trees that spread out for miles on end; so whatever we did we were still inevitably going to hit the trees. Rock of ages was having some trouble with his parachute as he started to spiral out of control, I tried to convince myself that it wasn't funny... but failed and started to laugh uncontrolably.

Suddenly something violently ripped through the fabric of my parachute, causing me to look up to see what was left of the shredded burning fabric. I stopped laughing and started screaming as i started to fall again, this time knowing that I was about to die. Having endured too many close calls I was almost certain I wouldn't be so lucky again.

"I'm sorry i take it back," I pleaded to no one in particular, "This is definitely worse!"

"Please, I don't want to die" I trailed off as i began to cry, "Not like this."

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Astrid's p.o.v.

We were all laughing at Loki spinning in continuous circles in mid air when I heard Amy scream somewhere below me to the right. I looked to see what was wrong and was astonished to see her falling, the flaming tatters that was the remains of her parachute still attached to her back. It followed her as she fell like the fiery trail of a shooting star.

One moment we were all floating gently down to earth, the next we started to drop like birds shot in hunting season. Panic took over and we were briefly caught off guard trying to see who was targeting us. I desperately attempted to pinpoint where the missiles were coming from but as I looked up all I saw was another one punching a gaping hole in my parachute. For a few brief seconds everything stopped... Then I started to drop.

Someone had to do something or we were all going to die... Again!

Then I remembered, Loki probably wouldn't and we didn't know about Daken... I desperately tried to think of anything my powers gave me the ability to do that could help.

"What was glowing ever going to be useful for?!" I shouted at no one in particular as i felt the full pull of gravity and had left my stomach a few minutes ago, somewhere way up above my head.

Amy and Daken were almost at the canopy of the trees. Just as I was preparing not to watch them both die Daken extended his arms revealing that the unusual cloak he wore had a hidden purpose; it was similar to a wing-suit. As soon as he did this his fall slowed dramatically, Amy managing to hold on to him. I breathed a small sigh of relief, that was two people safe. Three to go.

I searched desperately for anything I could use to help... Of course! I had kept a length of extremely strong but fairly lightweight metal rope (from the crates before we blew up half the Helicarrier.) I unclipped it from my belt and let it unroll. Since the end was already tied like a lasso, I figured I had just one shot at looping it around a tree branch. I could probably hold one other person and both Norman and Loki were now close enough to 'save'. But I could really only take one and I needed to choose within the next few seconds or we all died.

'Stupid morality!' I thought as I grabbed Norman and threw out the rope hoping for the best.

I was relieved when the rope tightened and yanked us out of our fall with potentially enough force to pull my arm out of its socket. With despair I watched as Loki tumbled towards the Forrest floor looking up towards us clinging on for dear life, branches breaking under his weight as he went. Shock and utter disappointment in me were the emotions clearly displayed on his face. 'I had chosen to save Norman over him?!' He was supposedly immortal but I was fairly sure it would still break him. He knew it too... I felt terrible but had to keep telling myself I had made the right decision. I felt so guilty; he had helped save me a couple of times already from Fury and the Avengers. I could even swear he really was changing, becoming less cold.

I looked away at the last minute but still heard a sickening cracking sound which was undoubtedly more than one of his bones

I looked away at the last minute but still heard a sickening cracking sound which was undoubtedly more than one of his bones. I winced at the thought of it being my own fault and even Norman looked horrified and stared at me in shock.

"What?" I demanded when he continued staring, thought I tried to fight them, tears pricked my eyes.

"You didn't choose him?" He said clearly surprised.

"What kind of idiot do you bloody well take me for? You are a lifelong friend and he has had no problem trying to kill us all before... Though I am disappointed I didn't try to catch you both."

We both looked up at the already bent branch.

"It wouldn't have held us and we'd all be down there. Not all of us are immortal either, remember?"

After silence for some time I started to worry; was he even still alive?

My question was answered when he screamed, clearly agonising pain. His cries echoed around the empty forest. trying to block out the noise I finally realised how far up in the tree we really were. It was going to take a long time to reach the ground... And Loki.

_______________________________________________________________

Author's note: Hi guys! Sorry it's been so long, I had the worst case of writer'a block and have been unusually busy with random stuff. Hope I filled this with enough drama to compensate for the long wait...

So what do you think?

Please, please, please COMMENT/VOTE.

I love reading all your comments because it inspires me to update more often when I feel like people care about what I'm writing!

Thank you all For being so nice in previous comments and in general thank you for reading this!

:D