RANCHO DE LEON

Bea POV

I was walking towards our ranch when I caught sight of a stranger. The girl doesn't look familiar to me. She was being shown around by Ate Beth. I approached them as my curiosity got the best of me.

"Ate Beth good morning. Who's with you?"

"Ah Bei, si Caitlin pala pinsan ko, kinausap ko si mama mo ok lang daw na dito ko siya pagtrabahuhin at paistayin pansamantala."

I was looking intently at her and she averted her gaze at me quickly when I caught her eye then she shyly fiddled with her hands. She is tall, fair skinned and did I mention looks damn beautiful. I am very weak when it comes to morena girls. I extended my hand towards her and she hesitantly took it with her own. It took sometime that I held hers while staring at her deep pool of hazel orbs. I only got out of the trance when she yanked her hand away.

"Ma'am yung kamay ko."

"Ay sorry Caitlin." I touched my nape out of embarrassment. I saw Ate Beth was snickering at the side. She knows my preference by the way.

Days passed by and I was keeping an eye on her. She seems to work hard day and night. It's crazy how even when she's all covered in sweat, her hair all messed up, she still looks mesmerizing.

I passed by the kitchen with a plan to pester her. I slipped in front of her trying to catch her attention.

"I grew up with Ate Beth taking care of me, how come I don't see you that much?"

She was surprised with my sudden appearance and was taken aback.

"Nakakagulat naman kayo ma'am pwede po magsabi kayo next time di pabigla bigla kayo nadating. Yung tanong niyo po di po kasi ko lumaki sa Manila, sa probinsya ako mula nung bata. Ilang taon pa lang po ako dito naninirahan."

"Ah ganun ba? Just curious though, why choose to be a helper?" She looks like she is educated though and could get more decent jobs.

"Wala po ako choice natigil ako sa pag-aaral kasi di na kaya ng magulang ko. Kapag medyo nakaipon ako babalik ako sa pag-aaral."

One time I saw her chasing the sheeps.

"What the hell are you doing?"

She got surprised, clearly looking embarrassed and immediately straightened herself up.

"E ma'am kasi nakawala mga tupa niyo hinuhuli ko pabalik."

I was inspecting her face ready to be scolded. She thought I was mad at her.

"Achilles!" My collie dashed towards me and I petted him for a while. " Go get the sheeps bud." Achilles chased the sheeps back inside the fences and I closed it after Achilles went out.

"Cait that's how it's done."

"Sorry ma'am di ko po alam." I looked at her, nonchalantly put my hands in my pocket and left.

Another time I saw her reaching an apple while standing at the topmost step of the portable ladder. I swear this girl with be the death of me. She miscalculated her movement and slipped. I saw her right foot hit the ladder hard before she fell off. I immediately ran and boy those training really paid off as I got there in time enough to catch her in my arms. Glad I had been doing weights. Her eyes were still closed when I looked at her, maybe she thought she would hit the ground hard.

"Ganito pala yung feeling ng literal na nahulog at sinalo. Thank you Ma'am Bea okay na ko pwede mo na ko ibaba." She lightly pushed my arms and tried getting off my grip. But I tightened my hold on her.

"I saw you hit that foot hard. We have to check on it first. You can do me a favor by not moving too much. Wag ka makulit."

She ducked her head and just pressed it on my chest. "Ok po ma'am sorry."

Was I so hard on her? We reached my bedroom. I laid her down on the bed and asked permission to borrow her injured leg so I can inspect her foot. I took off her slippers and her right foot is badly swollen. I took a pillow and got a cold compress and towel. I applied it on her foot and she winced initially from the cold.

=================================================

AN: Now this is a very special fanfiction. I was skimming through my phone notes because I remember I wrote a ranch story of some sort but I cannot see it on my recent ones. So I typed search and voila this is actually the very 1st Caitbea story that I wrote. I didn't realize I had been shipping them since 2021. Insert You're Still the One by Shania Twain. (Looks like we made it look how far we've come my baby. Lolz) This story just got stored in the back burner due to lack of ideas. I decided to just post it here regardless of me intending this to be a multichapter story to give a glimpse or just get it out if in case I won't be able to continue it.