WHEN SHE CRIES

Bea POV

I was just a freshman back then and as I was making my way to our classroom upstairs I heard someone sobbing. I looked around searching for that specific sound from where it was coming. I turned my head left and right 'till I found her there near the girl's bathroom pouring her heart out. Yes HER. I was hesitant to approach initially but I felt my feet were being drawn towards her. I took a step beside her and offered my hanky.

"Don't worry di ko pa nagagamit yan."

She took it without hesitation and wiped her tears away. It was a bit dark in the area so I couldn't really see her that much. All I could hear was her soft sobs breaking the silence of the night.

"You don't need to say anything." I took a glance towards her and I could see a glimpse of that faint smile starting to paint her face.

"I'm sorry Caitlin nga pala." She introduced herself.

"Name's Bea."

I offered a hand helping her to sit as I took a seat beside her as well. She has a really soft hand that anyone would definitely not mind holding longer.

"Sorry if I decided to impose my presence."

"Hindi naman thankful nga ako. Pasensya na naabutan mo pa kong umiiyak."

"Ano ka ba lahat dumadaan sa ganyan. Nothing to be ashamed of."

Before we part ways, she promised to write me in the coming days.

Everyday I looked forward to receiving letters from her. I didn't seem to notice it was starting to become the best part of my day. She even offered to give me lessons and not gonna lie it was really tempting just to get closer to her.

"So I was thinking of taking up that tutorial offer when you're free."

"Wag ka nga Bea nakikita ko name mo sa dean's list."

"So you do know my whole name. You seem to be doing your research."

"Di ko naman kasi inexpect na maugong yung name mo sa campus."

"You always tell you are planning to visit our classroom yet I still don't see you."

"Soon Bei."

That soon never came so I took it upon myself to visit her classroom instead. She told me the timing of her last class so I decided to surprise her.

I could hear her sweet voice chatting with her seatmates so I'm pretty sure it was her.

"Cait" I called her as she and her friends are on the way out of the classroom. She bid her friends and approached me.

"Bea anong ginagawa mo dito?"

"Dinadalaw ka."

"Hala kakapromise ko sayo nainip ka na ata."

"Di naman nagkataon lang." I tried to downplay the situation by attempting to hide my excitement.

"Talaga ba?"

"Yup pero curious din kasi ko kung yung penmanship ba ay sing ganda din sa personal."

"So anong verdict mo?"

"Nastarstruck nga ako e. Andilim kasi last time ng huli tayong nagkausap." Did I see her blush though or was I imagining it?

"Speaking of may bibigay pala ko sayo." She pulled out a handkerchief from her pocket and it took me sometime to realize it was the hanky I lent her that night.

"Sorry medyo kumupas na favorite ko kasi yan tapos napunasan ko pa ng pawis ko today labhan mo na lang."

"Tempting." I muttered.

"Huh?" Good thing she didn't hear that properly.

"I meant you can keep it. I know one day we will graduate and then we will part ways. At least may souvenir ka na galing sakin."

She smiled. "Okay sabi mo."

Time went by so fast and it was time to go home. We called it a night but before she walked away I called her.

"Cait!"

She turned around to face me.

"It was nice seeing you again. You look better when you're not crying."

I saw a huge grin spread across her face that would forever be etched on my mind.

=========================================================

AN: BTW, sorry I am only typing on the phone so I cannot apply bold on the conversations. Anyway, Caitbea has been a lucky charm. Hoping third time is still a charm. Just a lil backstory I wrote I'm Positive and that story didn't end well but I wrote that while I have not confessed yet to my then ex gf. Then I passed my english exam and I was writing Caitbea stories while reviewing. Recently, I am still looking for the crying lady, she came to mind all of a sudden. Yes this story did happen I also could not believe it as it sounded like something you only read in wattpad exactly hahaha until I reread her letters. I hope the Caitbea charm will work its way to me finding her.