Battle Training Begins

Welcome back to another instalment of the red speedster Deku, chapter frequency is likely to pick up as more time becomes available to me. I also just realised I never wrote about the new costumes they have after the week of virtual training so I'll post for that after the battle training chapters, anyways enjoy.

On the screen of one of 3 monitors on an office desk, is a picture of 8 people, 7 adults, and one child holding paper with a golden badge signaling that it was the highest form of education from the university he studied at. It was his certificate of Ph. D in genetic engineering. The young boy had a bright smile on his face which was rare for him as he felt an assortment of emotions that he rarely felt. Izuku looked at the picture taken more than 3 months ago when he got is certificate allowing him to finally be a part of the genetic quirk implantation team and gather information on how to safely create his quirk. Izukus's focus shifts from himself to the people around him, his team, his friends and his family. Foot steps can be heard as someone approaches Izuku. The pep in the step died down as the person got close enough to see his face, the guest quietly sat down in front of him and was as still as possible.

"You know, it's funny how just 2 months ago my team was thinking of sending me to a normal high school so I can make friends" he chuckles thinking how the females in the team were talking about him falling in love and the men were giving him advice on how to pick up girls. "Now all I can do is be sad, and angry and try to be happy at the same time, but enough of that, wanna watch the class 1A battle training while you skip classes?" The pink-haired girl eyes shined with excitement as she could see first-hand how the future heroes use their quirks and what support gear they might need, all Mei saw were future clients and her tickets to global recognition as one the greatest inventors of the quirk era. Mei gets up and sits next to Izuku as they watch Team A plan and how the bots are being placed. In the one week of UA that schools began, Mei and Izuku have spent every day together, mainly building dangerous tech, sharing invention ideas and Izuku teaching Mei how to extract and use reality energy as it is the easiest to comprehend.

At the battle trail city;

Nana, Minoru, Mezo and Itsuka all stare at the building plan as the 10-minute timer for planning starts. "Alright, we all know what each of our quirks can do from last week's virtual training. 1 power type, 1 recon type, 1-speed type and 1 trap quirk, we have everything covered" Kendo says as they all smile knowing that this team was beyond perfect as all the requirements for this mission were checked... almost all but it was good enough. She knew that 3 of them could each be a power type with Nana's strength, Shoji's extra arms and her large hands, reconnaissance and surprise attacks could be handles by Nana, Shoji and Mineta and lastly Mineta provided the perfect asset for Villain capture with the least amount of collateral damage. "Alright guys, if none of you mind I'll take the lead of this and assign roles," they all nodded as Kendo proceeded with the plan. "Shoji, you will be in charge of locating the hostages and the villains, Mineta, I want you to snipe all possible targets with baseball-sized pop-offs, your arm is a cannon so you should be alright. Once we have located all targets, Nana will run in and take care of separate villains with your super speed and strength while Shoji takes care of the villains as soon as I shield the hostages from any strays. Mineta will cover us and trap any runners and surprise guests. Are we all good?" They all nod as they get ready for the timer to hit zero so they can get into position and execute their plan.

"So Kendo, you free tonight?" Kendo looks at Mineta mid-stretch as she tries to understand how he thought it was the right time to ask this. "There's this new pizza place in town that I think we would both enjoy" "If you get more villains than me, I'll consider it" "Wait really?" Mineta asks in absolute shock as he is expecting a cold hard rejection from her, "What?! No, I was joking. This week of school has taught me that you, Kaminari and Sero are possible perverts." "Oh come on, if you are talking about the Yaoyorozu incident then you can't blame me because that hero costume was all types of wrong (not that I'm complaining)"Mineta closed his eyes remembering how everyone reacted to their hero costumes in the virtual world, how her costume left little room for imagination and his last thought left a smile on his face. "That face right there is why I'm not even gonna consider going out with you" "Fair point, it scares me too" "Are you two done?" They both jump as they hear Shoji sigh through the comms and Nana dying of laughter.