Daikon

Diana pov

It was just another normal day on Themescyria; the sun was shining, the birds were chirping, and her sisters were either attending to their duties or conversing. It was all so boring; it was her routine; it was monotonous; it was dull. One can only smack around Artimes a certain number of times before it loses its spar.

Sitting on one of the marble walls of the courtyard of the palace, I was watching a rather lacklustre sparring match between two of my sisters. I had lost myself in my own thoughts, the clashing of their steel becoming background noise as I explored the depths of my own mind to escape the monotony of my life. Letting out a deep sigh, I left the training yard. I feel like going on a ride with Kachi, so I make my way over to the stables.

The mare was as white as snow and stood tall and proud in the sun, feasting on hay. I walked up to her and stroked her gently, running my hands along her back and feeling her smooth skin. She let out a gentle neigh as I stroked her. I jumped onto her back and prepared to set off.

This was a feeling that no matter what, could not be beat: the general breeze flowing through my hair, the echo of her galloping flowing, reverberating through the air in a perfect symphony with all the other animals of the island.

KAKHOOM

The ground shook violently as the whole island trembled for a bit. The birds flew away from the treetops, trying to escape whatever had just caused the island to tremble. What could cause such a commotion if we were under attack? I leap off my mount and send her back to the stables; it's not safe for her looks, as I will investigate on my own.

I begin to focus myself and float in the sky as I take flight, ripping through the air as if I were a loose arrow soaring to meet my target. I get high up in the sky and notice a large smoke cloud in the southwest of the island, so I fly there at the top of the cloud to see who or what had disturbed the peaceful yet monotonous day I was having.

Floating in the sky, I observed the white sphere that was in the middle of a large crater. I watched as an unfamiliar figure exited the spaceship. The build of the person was unlike any I had seen before. The person had large, wide shoulders but smaller hips. The person also seemed to be very tall and muscular. From what I could see, they seemed to dwarf anyone I had ever met, standing roughly 2 metres tall (6'6) and having a very athletic build with a perfect match of muscles for combat utilising both strength and speed built only for functionality. How very interesting it was then that the smoke screen cleared enough to allow me to get a good look at the figure.

My eyes widened, and my jaw hit the floor as I saw it was a man. What's a man doing on the island? Why is he here? I carefully step back and analyse him before taking any decisive action.

He was fair-skinned, he had thick, long, silky raven-coloured hair and sharp, cold crimson eyes that seemed to scream danger louder and louder the longer I looked at them, but what was most peculiar was his black tail that was tied around his waist like a belt. Do all men have tails, and if so, what's their purpose?

Daikon pov

A sharp pain runs through my body as memories, emotions, and experiences start to flow into my mind. My body is paralysed with pain for a moment as my mind works tirelessly to sort through all this new information. My eye snaps shut for a moment as I try to not burden myself with even the smallest amount of extra information if I can help it.

After around thirty seconds of constant, unending agony, my mind feels calm again as it has sorted out my memories from this life and the past one, and to say that Im emotionally overwhelmed would be an understatement. I saw the 27 years I lived and yet didn't live at the same time as my body worked on autopilot, doing in all situations exactly what I would do. I saw myself building bonds and friends. I saw my mother in this life smiling at me and my father charging me with responsibilities. I saw my first conquest of a world, and then I saw the rest of my conquests. I saw my constant battles through the universe, and then I saw it. I felt the loneliness, the agony, and the regret. I saw my world fall. I saw all those I loved perish. I saw the galactic empire I was destined to rule crumble. I saw as I became the last of my kind, and for the first time since I met the otherworldly entity, I felt regret. I made the choice to let all those around me die. I added that to my origin story. I was responsible for killing all those whom I had grown to love in this world, and the guilt that plagued me was immeasurable. I caused the deaths of my people.

I didn't feel guilty for the countless people who fell before me as I conquered planet after planet. I felt nothing for them, but for this, I felt immense self-loathing. I hated myself, I hated my choices, I killed all those who had become dear to me, and I hated the man I was now.

I don't even know my own name; I can't remember my original life name or the family and friends I had in that world. I only know the name of who I am right now, the name my father, King Bardock, gave me, Daikon.

Daikon, a man who was now me, was more me than my previous self; this was who I had designed myself to be, my perfect self, and it was a joke. I may not hold a lot to my previous life, but I do hold my value of placing family above all, and I didn't live up to my value in this world. I was a joke. I was cursed.

Regret was all I knew no matter the choice we make all living things always wonder whenever anything bad happens in their lives if we could have changed it is we could have taken any step to protect ourselves to prevent the tragic fate we have suffered we lament over things that we can't change and try to live in a word of what ifs to escape the reality of our situations even for a tiny bit to get some reprieve to live in a perfect world where we made the best choices a world where we don't regret anything a world that doesn't exist and thats exactly what I was doing now trying to escape but soon my self-loathing and sorrow turned to hate as I looked to blame someone anyone for my loss and then I found it I discovered my enemy and the object of my vengeance i found Darkside.

The end

Okay, sorry it took me so long to update this. I had writers block for a while, but I read a few comics, watched a few TV shows, and found my mojoe again. This story I have decided to carry on along with my other ones updates will be every Friday.

I hope you all like it. Leave a comment, please. I'd love to hear from you guys. I decided to go with a traditional Sayian name.