Together

As the final siren rings I jump up, the ducks win again. I follow the crowd down the steps and I turn towards the locker room. Taking a seat I wait for the crowds to calm down and the team to come out.

"Hey, Millie." I hear behind me. I turn to see Fulton.

"Oh hey. You guys all done?" I ask standing up and hugging him.

"Yeah, all done. Thanks for coming but you know you don't have to come to every game. I already forgave you." He laughs.

"Yeah, I know. But I want to. I love seeing you play... And maybe I'm trying to make it up to myself." I say as I sit back down.

"Well, I appreciate it. I just meant this doesn't have to be the only place we hang out." He says taking a seat next to me.

"Oh-hoho?! Is that right? What were you thinking?" I say smiling at him.

"Hhhmm, well I was thinking we could go to the movies. Or maybe get some dinner or uh, you know just play some hockey somewhere. Or whatever..." He says looking away, blushing slightly.

I gasp jokingly. "Are you asking me out on a date?" I laugh lightly blushing.

"Uh... Maybe." He laughs scratching his neck. "Yeah. Yeah, I am."

I smile widely. "Good! I mean, yeah, I'd like that. Uh, any of those, all of them sound good."

He smiles. "Really? That's great. Uh, yeah." He laughs and shakes his head.

I laugh at him and grab his hand.

-

Here I'm sat, front row, watching the man I love, play the sport he loves. 'Man, doesn't he look good out there?'

I sigh with my head in my hands and think back about the pain I caused him. 'I still can't believe I did that to him. I really listened to a couple of teenage girls and sided with them instead of standing up for my best friend? What an awful person I am.'

I sit up and shake my head. I smile as Fulton zooms past, focused on the game. I smile. 'That doesn't matter now. I have him back, I have him in general as my boyfriend, my best friend.'

'I have my happy ending. And it sucks I couldn't see that as an option back then. I couldn't see what a wonderful man he'd turn out to be. He may look mean and scary but I've always seen what's inside. The big softie, the sweetest man and I truly believe he's my soulmate.'

The final siren rings. I go to stand up when I hear a bang on the glass. I look up to see Fulton, taking off his helmet and smiling.

I walk up to the glass and smile back. 'This is my man, and I am his lady.'

I look around as I hear the crowd around us cheer. "Oooh!" And. "Aww!" I blush and look down.

I hear another knock on the glass as he points to the locker room. I nod.

I walk slowly and wait for him outside. I smile as he walks out. "I think we were being a bit obvious." He laughs.

I laugh and shake my head. "A bit? That was so embarrassing. You are lucky I love you." I say hitting his arm.

"Aww, I love you too." He says pecking my forehead. "You rock my world!"