₄.₀

★☆★☆★

𝖡𝖺𝖼𝗄 𝖺𝗍 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝖲𝗍𝖺𝗋𝗍

★☆★☆★

Nicolle stopped packing, her hands fell to her side and once again the sparkle in her eyes only faded. She could not believe that he overheard the conversation with her brothers, she understood that they were loud, sure anyone could have heard, but what made her most mad was that he lied about it.

"Nic, look I didn't mean to, I was just-" He began speaking but she interrupted him.

"Save it Pablo" She muttered her tone dropping and now he couldn't help but feel stupidly bad, it wasn't his place to fully hear the conversation, but he did anyway and he wasn't going to drop the subject now.

"No, Nicolle I will not" He snapped back, watching as she shot her head up in his response.

"I am just worried, you have changed so much that so many people are worried about you" He continued feeling the rage start to build up inside of him.

"Look I didn't mean to overhear the conversation but-" He started but once again got interrupted by the girl only standing just a few inches away from him

"But you did anyway" Nicolle now spoke, trying hard to hold in the tears that were yet to push out.

Nicolle couldn't believe it still, but what she couldn't understand was why he never told her, why didn't he admit it and make her believe that everything would be fine and that she would bring this up with him the day after tomorrow... He was only acting and now he could see for herself why she was in every right to think that he still wasn't genuine and couldn't be trusted.

"What did you hear exactly?" She asked with no movement but her face, her body still standing frozen, fighting any urge to run out the door. She knew that she had to speak to him now, even though they both knew that it wasn't the best idea.

"That you don't think that I am genuine when I confessed and you don't trust me yet" He responded, the annoyance now evident in his voice upon hearing and restating these words, which did cause the atmosphere to fall silent for a few minutes.

That was before he asked;

"Is that true..?"

The girl could only take a deep breath to compose herself, she didn't want to speak today, at night when the day was near its end and beginning to plan the following day. When they both worked from dusk to dawn and were nothing but exhausted. She wanted to speak to him on the weekend when they both had a fresh mind when they woke and had nothing to think about deeply.

"Nicolle answer" He snapped at her again, only closing her eyes in response followed by a big sigh.

"Nico-" He tried again but that's when she couldn't hold it anymore and burst. 

"Yes, it is okay, now back off" She shouted her voice overwriting his, now feeling the tears run down her cheek just looking at the boy in front of her. She knew that he wanted more information, he wanted to know the 'why'.

"Nicolle, what do you mean?" This time he mumbled his question, he was more full of guilt than hatred.

"Because Pablo, you went with that stupid dare for a full month, you fkg played with my feelings during that month and refused to tell me because you were apparently scared of the outcomes, then just over a month you called me to a cafe to talk and confess your feelings right there, putting me on the spot, how the hell am I meant to trust someone who played me for thirty full straight days, how do I know he isn't put up for it again to make more money" She broke down, her voice trembling, the tears flowing into puddles and only staining her eyes red, she watched as Pablo's hands turned into fists, her now getting worried.