Chapter Three: Danger Calling Upon Her

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned and Lilith will not die today.

"I thought so!" And with this, a smirk etches a path into her lips as she plants her dagger into the navel of a shadow standing right beside her. Lifting her weapon up to his chin and up for it to dance into the air while she strikes the second entity to the groin to seize his hands—most importantly, his gun. With it and a small gasp, she shoots in the heads of the three other beings rushing towards her and now letting go of his gun to catch her dagger back, she hits the latter in the face with her elbow. As he falls to the ground, she jumps on him, knees pinning his shoulders down, and her knife now presses on his throat.

"Speak!"

He only laughs at her threat—the typical mockery of a shallow person until he reveals his face. He is in his mid twenty, beardless, with a face mixed between the appealing traits of a woman and the firm jaw of a man. At his sight, Lilith flinches and crawls on her back, away from him, as he stands up.

"Oh. My. God!" Norea says with her both hands pressed on her blushing cheeks. "You're the Elaios, the influencer with over one million followers on every social platform. I voted on every of your posts. You're the reason how I know to cook real carbonara instead of the creamy one!"

Lilith rolls her eyes at Norea's reaction before rising on her feet, suspicions causing one of her eyebrow to raise. "Norea, he is not what you think he is!"

Throwing her hands into the air, Norea then rest them on her hips with her eyes glaring at Lilith. "In which years are you living, Elaios is a god for our generation!"

While Norea continues her tantric of embarrassing Lilith's lack of knowledge in their modern culture, flashes of a lost past hit the latter.

Elaios, in his timeless long blond hair, was the first one to defile her abandoned body when Lilith became the tree of life in Eden.

Elaios was the reason she ended up here in the material world, carrying his sins in the shape of two sons—the late Abel and Cain.

The present Elaois, though, in his most fashionable clothes, only lightens a cigarette before exhaling out a cloud of smoke over his face. A veil that shades him deeper into the darkness—covering his eyes to better stare down at Lilith. "Yeah Lily hun, why don't you tell her about us?"

Screeching like a barn owl in the night, Norea repeats her shock again. "Oh. My. God. Lilith, don't tell me now that he is your ex!"

Lilith widens her eyes at Norea's insinuation—the excuse that allows the monster to get away with murder.

"Well, Lily, tell her then!" Elaois provokes once more, leaving Lilith no choice but to turn her dagger into her sword as she whispers under breath the word "Epinoa."

"Lilith, tell me everything!"

Flaring her nostrils at Norea's excitement, Lilith only knows one answer to the awful deception played against her. 'Calling a victim a lover is the worst of all the insults, Norea, and if you know the Archons like I do, you'd stay far away from this one!' This is what she should have said, but those words has never left her mouth and instead as Elaois' laughter echoes through the penumbra, lacing the atmosphere with tension and thickening his evilness, Lilith dashes into him to chop his head off in one hit.

Elaois sinks into the obscurity within a second, forever silenced into a loud bang on the floor.

"What have you done, Lilith?" Norea says as fear causes her jaw to drop at the brutal murder.

Loud footsteps rhythms against Lilith's fast heartbeats at this moment. Her eyes are reddening with tears as she knows she didn't kill that demon—no one ever does such a thing. Stepping back, she comes close to Norea, holding her tight, a priest in a black robe and white collar revealing himself out of the darkness with his phone in hand, filming them.