Epilogue: Forbidden Tree Of Knowledge

Events taking place before the creation of Eden.

The Pleroma, the city of Jasper walls that turned gold into glass, was the home of all the Aeons over the constellation of Orion, but now Sophia only looked back at it with beads of sweat on her forehead.

Guards were hot on her trail, and she needed to cross the twelve gates out of her home.

Each of them was made of mother-of-pearl, resistant to acids and heat, but not to the light in each of Sophia's slap of one hand. She broke the first one, and it took her into the diluted, red-stained world of a Sardonyx. Its waves armed her with courage and dried the tears on her face. All the Aeons elders hated her; they had to, because otherwise, why would they choose not to help her conceive a child for no reason?

Without her, they would be nothing but lost souls in a kingdom of ruin.

Sophia blasted through Carnelian, Chrysolite, Beryl, Topaz, Chrysoprase, Jacinth, and more, and even the Amethyst gate couldn't stop her wrath. Nothing could halt it after they downgraded her to the lowest rank of them all. This was now all the past; they all knew she had betrayed them to pursue her utopia of a fairer world.

There was no way back from this; she would be a criminal from now on.

In her light, silky white dress, Sophia was their wisdom, the same power bestowed on each king and ruler to govern. Yet she was there at the edge of the last gate with her bag of stolen goods at her waist—all the Aeons' wealth—their infinite crystals of soul and the portal to a heavenly kingdom that none of them knew existed, just right before her.

She didn't think twice before stepping into it, and she fell over the grass floor of her secret paradise, becoming the mother to all the living.

She was the wisdom that built what would be known as Eden.

Yet she wasn't on her own in this toil as he laid the foundations of the universe for her to place the stars of her firmament on it. He was Yaldaboath, an engineer, one of the best geneticists, a banished Archon, and currently a warlord from the constellations of Sirius. And he just landed his spacecraft over the virgin land of Sophia, right in this instant.

Violent winds blew over the slight frame of Sophia at his arrival, causing her to raise a hand to cover her face as she stood up. She recoiled, not by the size of his vehicle, but as he, Yaldaboath, approached her. Fear pounded on her chest, with each of his heavy footsteps making her heart beat stronger than the last one until he removed his hood. The Archon was a distant and near-extinction race in comparison to the beautiful Aeon, a tribe of blue-fleshed and red-haired beings. Yaldaboath was no different from what Sophia knew of them; only the many dreadful white battle scars all over his body set him apart from the others.

"It's a beautiful place you created there, Sophia!"

This was the first thing he said to her in his deep voice, and somehow she felt compelled to bow her head to him. The towering Yaldaboath, with his broad shoulders, square jawline, and long hair wrapped into a bun over his head, only smirked at her gesture.

"Like I said in our many exchanges, we are equal, so we don't need those formalities between us."

She answered him with a curt nod before impatience itched her. "Can we see them now?"

"Can we see what?"

"The shells for all the souls in my possession." In this declaration, Sophia opened the bag tucked into the folds of her dress. A rainbow shimmered over Yaldaboath's grey face—the thousand lumens from all the crystals ever created by the Aeons.