Chapter Fourteen: Two Layers Of Truth

Lilith feels a shiver go down her spine. The slow burn tremor that echoes up to her chin with her own reflection shattering inside her mind.

It refuses to grasp at everything that has happened in such a brief span of time.

Within a few days after her first ever attempt at ending her own existence, the flame of Norea revived her. Norea, the innocent Norea who just wanted to live a simple kind of life without all of this.

Her heart goes to her on the outskirts of Eden with Adam, as history will repeat itself again. This time, though, only two of them will live to tell the forbidden story. Eden was no paradise but a place of sacrifice—the ritual slaughter of two engineered creatures to produce an army to fuel the battle lust spirit of Yaldabaoth.

Now, his evil plan will come true unless Lilith does something about it.

Bile comes up and crashes down at the back of her throat since she has crossed the door. For a long time, she had tried to swallow down this hard truth. Yet Lilith is now back there with no way out, back to where everything started.

Eden hasn't changed from her memory.

There, plants enhance their fanciful embellishments with human and animal body parts for roots. They are the secret of this sacred garden—we were all shrubs growing one way or another from seeds.

When Lilith strokes her hands over them, they all become even more alive.

The pensile paradise of Eden is still her cradle to this day, the place where she was born and where the Archons locked her—the only woman here.

She walks to its heart, where his four rivers meet at a crossroads. The wealth of truth washes over her as it satiates her hunger. A wave of desire gushes through her as the memories of Norea unfold. They are her little pieces of joy. Feelings that she has never felt for Adam or any men, and this is what they punished her for—her lack of love for beings that were not meant for her heart.

Lilith spirals on her feet, a whirlpool of moral illness rushing into her head, until she lifts her chin up to the sky. This place is a lie through and through.

The lie that spits in the green colour of an indoctrination to serve Yaldaboath. Its shape twists even more when they are plants that increase happiness, which furthers his deception.

The heavy emotions choke Lilith. She can't breathe or speak; all she can do is cough up Yaldaboath's venom.

How on earth has she lived that long with the fact that she is nothing more than a demon-made creature for exploitation?

Powerless, she gives up on this position, her body collapsing on itself. She is resigned, ready to abandon everything, until a tree branch comes to rest on her shoulder.

It's her only friend here, the tree of knowledge, and soon it takes the appearance of fingers, then of an arm, and as Lilith turns around, she is now facing a woman.

A being that rips all sense of reality from her mind.

Under this unbearable sunlight, what was once a tree grows into a human that is as tall as Lilith. Her body was just a single trunk that now tapers into a woman's voluptuous curves, with her roots beneath the surface rising and separating in two, becoming her legs. A new entity who welcomes the despair that is devouring Lilith over her, creating a veil of white that floats over her bark and sepia-coloured skin. Her grey branches now shrink and form into long strands of her silver-plaited hair, pouring out of her head with leaves still hanging on them.

The gold of wisdom swirls in her iris. It is with that powerful sight that her divine breath of life calls upon Lilith to reach out to her, her index ready to strike a flare upon their one contact.