Part 7

Cannibal let out a breath of green flames and Hayley reflected them to the other side

" so you really had no true friend ? " Cannibal questioned.

That question didn't throw Hayley off guard and she concentrated on her control of the flames.

Cannibal was a 462 year old Dragon, and he had experience that came with age. He knew how to detect emotions and saw that the girl that was growing on him had conflict in her heart.

This was his way of helping her cope. They both practiced her control of flames while Cannibal got Hayley to slowly open up about her inner conflict while engaging in conversations on various topics, and were now playing 'ask the questions' where they both asked a question and the other answered.

He had even encouraged her to Apparate to Essos, and gave her his memories of that place to give her a picture, and she returned an hour later with blood (not her own) all over her and disgust on her face. Now he had made her understand why staying here in the North where Magic flowed in the very air, was better than that shitpile Essos.

Hayley weaponized the green flames and unleashed them on a rock nearby, burning it.

" yep " Hayley said " none that didn't want to take advantage of what I can do for them. I received no promised protection. Why'd you come here ? ".

" I wanted peace from those inbred lizards who dared to call themselves Dragons " Cannibal spat.

" Why not just end them ? " Hayley questioned.

" The God of Dragons, Balerion, has forbidden me from doing this in my dreams. There are no rider lines left except the Targaryens and somewhat Velaryons. Dragon and Valyrian together form a powerful bond and our strength, durability and abilities increase, saving us from being killed. Unless I find a worthy substitute, I cannot move against them " Cannibal scowled " Doesn't mean my life has been anymore peaceful ".

" What d'ya mean ? "

" Years ago, the 3-eyed-Raven, who watches over the world, attempted to subdue my consciousness. A Witch named Emry Riddle and Ned Stark stopped her, the woman had recently birthed a son and was in recovery - "

" Wait wait wait.... you knew Emry Riddle ?!! "

" She accidentally came to this island from a Weirwood nearby, through a celestial event in her world when she was working on a transportation spell that doesn't risk severing your limbs like apparating does unless you're careful " Cannibal said " As I was saying, Emry came here, met me and traveled to the North where she met Ned Stark and had her son with him. Brynden Rivers, Bloodraven, loved manipulating everyone and she became a thorn in his side with her presence alone. He wanted to kill all males of House Stark when Emry came and freed me from the attempted mind control. She tracked Bloodraven down to the Far North in his cave where she and Ned Stark defeated him, but Emry went into a coma and froze in a magical ice due to a vengeful Bloodraven using the last of his power and ending his already dying life force, and even I couldn't melt the ice. Ned Stark was grief stricken and went back to Winterfell with his son Jon Stark after I dropped them off near White Harbor ".

Hayley was shocked but she noticed one more thing that left her perplexed " wait, did you just say Jon Stark ?! ".

" Yes, why ?. They both married under that Weirwood she came from, with me and Ned's Direwolf as witness when Emry was revealed to be pregnant ".