Twelve

Dear Diary,

Today, my world came crashing down around me in a storm of blood and tears, leaving me adrift in a sea of despair from which I fear I may never emerge.

As the summer break began, I found myself summoned to a meeting of the Death Eaters, forced to confront the darkness that lurked within me once more. And though Voldemort said nothing, his silent presence loomed over us like a specter, a constant reminder of the horrors that awaited those who dared to defy him.

But it was Draco who delivered the final blow, his words dripping with venom as he outlined our mission—to kill Dumbledore, the one beacon of hope in a world consumed by darkness. And though I tried to protest, to plead with him to see reason, my words fell on deaf ears as he dismissed me with a cruel laugh.

And then, when I returned home, I found them—my parents—lying cold and lifeless upon the floor, their eyes vacant and their blood staining the walls like a macabre painting. The shock of their deaths reverberated through me like a thunderbolt, leaving me numb and reeling with grief.

How could this have happened? How could I have been so blind, so foolish, to believe that I could protect them from the darkness that now threatens to consume us all? The guilt is a heavy weight upon my shoulders, crushing me beneath its relentless pressure as I struggle to come to terms with the enormity of my failure.

But amidst the pain and despair, there is a flicker of something else—anger, determination, resolve. For though my heart may be shattered, my spirit remains unbroken, a defiant flame that refuses to be extinguished by the darkness that surrounds me.

And so, I vow to honor their memory—to fight for justice, for redemption, for a world where love and light can triumph over hatred and fear. For though the road ahead may be fraught with danger and uncertainty, I know that as long as I draw breath, I will never stop fighting for the truth.

Yours in sorrow and defiance,
Katherine