How could anyone not love you? pt3

(Ishan's dialogues will be in italics.
Shubman's dialogues will be in bold.)

Shubman woke up and saw Ishan cuddled up to him, with his head on Shubman's chest looking so adorable, Shubman almost regretted leaving Ishan.
He had felt guilty but he had to do this, he had to call Sara, and so he got up slowly, making sure to not wake Ishan up in the process.

When Ishan woke up, he saw the empty room with disappointment present on his face. He hadn't expected anything more from him anyways and with that thought, he went to the bathroom, freshened up and went to go have breakfast.
He had ignored the headache caused by the hangover, as it had been over powered by his heart aching.

When Ishan reached the team's breakfast table he had realised that Shubman was missing, he wasn't present at the table. But Ishan didn't ask the others about him.
After about 5 minutes, Ishan got a call from Shubman.

"Where are you?"
"I'm having breakfast with the team, why?"
"Oh I came to our room to wake you up because I thought you'd still be asleep."
"Well I'm not. Are you coming for breakfast or what?"
"I'm on my way"
And with that they hung up.

When Shubman had showed up he had noticed that there were no empty seats beside Ishan and that had disappointed him but he didn't say anything about the matter and quietly sat opposite Ishan.
While the team chatted about random things the topic shifted to significant others and hook ups and Hardik Bhai asked "How is Sara?" in a teasing manner.

"We broke up." Was all Shubman answered with while looking at Ishan for his reaction. Ishan looked shocked but didn't say anything. While the others bombarded Shubman with questions like 'how, when, why?' he had managed to avoid them and their questions with vague replies.

After breakfast they went back to their rooms as it was an off day as the T20 series had just ended. While Ishan went on his phone scrolling through Instagram, Shubman sat there contemplating his next move.
After a while he said,
"I'm bored, let's watch a movie."
Ishan just kept his phone aside and signaled Shubman to play a movie.
After watching the movie on Shubman's IPad, with Ishan almost about to fall back asleep, Shubman stated.

"Let's go out for lunch."
"I am hung over and tired, I just want to sleep."
"Pleaseeee Ishhh"
"I really am not in the mood, sorry"
And as a result Shubman had given him the best puppy face he could muster to convince the older. Who could say no to that adorable face thought Ishan? It was unfair really but before he could dwell on it further he had already nodded his head.

And with that they had gotten dressed and went out for lunch. The walk to the restaurant was peaceful, it was only a couple minutes away from their hotel.
As they sat on their table, Shubman looked at Ishan with love dripping out of his eyes.
"You look really nice."
Nice seriously? Shubman thought. Is that the best his brain could come up with? NICE? He could've called Ishan Beautiful, Handsome, Dashing, Hot but no his brain had come up with nice.

"You're just saying that because I'm wearing your shirt."
"Yes but also no, I genuinely mean it, you look really good."
Ishan didn't reply to it, they had their lunch talking about random things and cricket. After they finished eating Ishan finally asked.

"So... you and Sara broke up?"
"Yes"
"Why?"
"Are you asking me that because you really don't know or are you just pretending not to know because you want to hear me say it?"
Ishan just tilted his head in confusion.
"We broke up because of you Ishan."
"huh?"
But before he could explain further the waiter had come with the bill. Shubman paid the bill, took Ishan's hand in his and made his way out of the restaurant.

"Our hotel is the other way Shub."
"We aren't going to the hotel."
"Then?"
"Where are we going Shubman?"
Shubman just quietly walked towards their destination. They had reached after about 5 minutes of a not so peaceful walk with Ishan whining and complaining and bombarding him with questions, which Shubman had completely ignored.

They had come to a beach, a beautiful secluded beach with not many people around.
"Wow this is so beautiful, but how is so empty?"
"It's in the outskirts of the city. This isn't a tourist place, that's why it's empty and that's also why we're staying nearby because it's way less crowded."
"I thought we were staying here because the stadium was nearby."
"That too"

After that they spend some peaceful time at the beach, with Ishan staring at the sea and Shubman staring at Ishan, Shubman gathered the courage and started-
"So about last night...."
"What about last night? Did something happen?"
"Do you not remember what happened?"
"uhhh no...? should I?"
"Let me just remind you then."
And with that Shubman closed the gap between them and kissed Ishan. He had been wanting to do it anyways as he had been staring at Ishan for quite a long time now and the fact that Ishan was wearing his shirt wasn't making things easier.

It was a slow kiss, filled with love, which Shubman used to pour out his emotions. Shubman pulled away after a few seconds, he didn't want to but he also didn't want them to get caught kissing in public.

"This is what I meant when I said Sara and I broke up because of you Ishan."
"I love you and I'm so sorry for hurting you and for taking so long to realise it."
Ishan just smirked,
"Do you remember asking if I really didn't know or if I just wanted to hear you say it? Well I just wanted to hear you say it."
This time it was Shubman's turn to tilt his head in confusion.
"I remember what happened last night Shub, I was just pretending not to."

Shubman slowly shook his head with a big smile on his face, his dimples on display and said
"When you do such things it always makes me wonder, How could anyone not love you?"

The End.

________________________________________

And this is how you turn a sad one sided love oneshot to a three-shot with a happy ending.

One of these days I will write a sad ending.... when I find the courage but until then peace out 💃