Pari pt3

(Ishan's dialogues will be in italics.
Shubman's dialogues will be in bold.)

Shubman's pov

"Shubman?"
"SHUBMAN"
"Huh sorry what?"
"What were you day dreaming about?"
"Just thinking about the past."
Ishan went quiet at that and I asked,
"Why were you calling me?"
"I just wanted to ask if you wanted to eat something?"
"Uh no I'm not hungry, but if you want I can bring something for you?"
"No it's fine I'll go get it myself, stay with Pari."
I just nodded as he left to bring food.

I went back to thinking about the past, all our memories together, as a family.

~flashback~
One year ago
It had been two years since we had adopted Pari, when that dreadful day had appeared. After Pari's adoption my career had boosted even more. I now had contracts with big companies for photography ranging from models to sceneries and just about everything. I had clicked photographs of Ishan and Pari and exhibited them which had led to such a rapid career boost. As I started taking more trips here and there, I had less and less time for my family. Ishan had been very understanding throughout it all taking care of Pari while also managing the house and his career.

Then one day I reached home and I found my husband sitting there alone crying. I ran towards him fearing the worst as he looked at me with anger in his eyes.
"What happened? Where's Pari?"
I asked him panicking.
"She's in her room."
Ishan replied bitterly.
"Why are you crying meri jaan?"
"She was hospitalized, she had stopped breathing Shubman, they had to resuscitate her."
"What? And you didn't tell me?"
I asked angrily.

"How would it have even mattered had I called you?"
"She is my child too Ishan, I had the right to know!!"
"Oh really? because it didn't seem like it the past year, when I was the only one taking care of her! When I was the only one taking her for her regular check ups."
"So what? You think it was ok for you to not inform me? Just because I had been a little busy with work doesn't mean I don't care about her. Do you think I wouldn't have flown in right away if I knew she wasn't well?"

Both of us were yelling now we were both angry and we couldn't understand the other person's perspective.
"SHE HASN'T BEEN WELL SINCE THE DAY WE BROUGHT HER IN SHUBMAN.
AND EVEN IF YOU HAD FLOWN IN RIGHT AWAY, LET'S SAY, HOW QUICK COULD YOU HAVE MADE IT HOME FROM CANADA?"
"That does not mean you couldn't just inform me about our child."
"MY CHILD, SHE'S MINE."
"She is OUR child."
"You lost the right to claim her when you weren't there with us through out the year. When we had to go through all of this alone."

"You can't do this to me Ishan, you told me you didn't mind that I went on those trips, that I focused on my career."
"Well I changed my mind. Get out."
I just looked at him in shock.
"GET OUT."
I left quietly after that, not having the energy in me to fight for us anymore. It was over. We had hurt each other beyond repair.
~flashback ends~

After that day, we had separated from each other. Neither of us blamed Pari for our separation because it wasn't her fault. We had understood that it was due to our own shortcomings that we had failed to understand each other and stay together.
It had been a year since we separated. It's not like I didn't meet Pari after that, I used to spend time with her and go and meet her and she used to even come and stay with me sometimes. But Ishan was the one that had raised her the past year... or honestly the whole three years we had Pari. Pari had been trying to get us together and we stayed connected due to her. If not for Pari we would've lost all contact long back.