Ek Tarfa pt1

(Ishan's dialogues will be in italics.
Shubman's dialogues will be in bold.)

Ishan's pov

I could see it in his eyes. I could feel it in my bones. But I was in denial. I didn't want to accept the reality.

Why? Because he was my shub, he was mine, or maybe he wasn't? Atleast I thought he was mine and I was his. But maybe I was wrong, maybe he wasn't mine anymore, but the sad thing was, that I was still his.

I reminisced about the days when we would talk to each other all night, we were so in love. We couldn't get enough of each other. We spent every single moment together joined at the hip.
But those were old memories, I couldn't remember a recent time where we had stayed up at night just talking, enjoying each other's company.

Our teammates used to tease us, they used to say we behaved more like a  couple than actual couples, but they didn't know it was the truth. We were a couple, we still are but I'm not so sure anymore.

I can feel it coming, I want to deny it, but I can't, not anymore.

I can still hear our laughters, our carefree banters with each other, but they were now a distant memory.
I couldn't remember when we had last argued for fun and just laughed. We were just arguing now, it wasn't fun anymore. I can't remember the last time he had laughed because of me.

I could tell he was getting more annoyed by me, as each day passed. But I couldn't do anything about it. What was I doing so wrong? He would get annoyed even if I asked him just simple questions about where he was or what he was doing the whole day.

I can't remember the last time he had smiled at me with his dimples on full display or blushed because of me. It was just her now, he would always smile at her. When she would come to cheer for him at our matches, he would always be the happiest. While I silently suffered because I was benched again, he didn't care, he was happy because she was here.

He never lied to me. He used to hang out with her, and he had never lied to me about it. Sure he might've gotten annoyed at me for asking him questions, invading his personal space, but he had never denied any allegations I had put on him. He was aware that I knew, that I had seen the news about them.

He never denied any rumors of them dating. I didn't expect him to do so in public, but he could've atleast refused in front of our teammates. He could've atleast stopped them when they had teased him about her. But he never did. Instead he enjoyed the teasing as he blushed whenever she was mentioned.

As I sat here quietly still, reminiscing every single memory we had together, Reminiscing about our love, with tears flowing freely down my face. I hadn't realised he had walked in, as I quickly wiped the tears streaming down my face, he looked at me with a determined look on his face as he stated,
"I didn't want to hurt you, which is why even though I had been wanting to do this for the longest time, I just couldn't find the courage. I know we have been bestfriends since a long time, but I think crossing that line was a huge mistake. We should have just stayed as bestfriends. I'm sorry but I can't do this anymore."

I just looked at him with a sad smile on my face, and nodded my head.
"I agree :)"
"We can still be bestfriends."
He said trying to console me, trying to show me that he wouldn't leave me completely and I just nodded.

Even though all I wished was for him to leave. To leave me alone completely. To never show his face in front of me ever again. So that it wouldn't hurt as much anymore. So that I wouldn't have to see him smiling at her, my shub smiling at someone else. So that I wouldn't have to see him loving someone else.

And when he left, all the dreams that we had seen together, dreams of getting married in a foreign country where same sex marriage was legal. Dreams of living in a small house on a deserted mountain after retirement. Dreams of adopting and dreams of growing old together as a family. All my dreams had left with him, incomplete.

It felt as if I had lost my entire world, that the moon, the stars and the entire sky had now turned their backs on me. Did that even make sense? How could any of my thoughts make any sense when I had lost the one person I had loved the most in the world, even more than myself?

Was I that easily replaceable? Could I not even hold my position in his heart? But it's fine, that's what was destined for us I guess, we were never meant to end up together. Despite how badly I might've wanted it or prayed for it, we weren't meant to be.

The world wouldn't have accepted us anyways. In the eyes of the public we would've always been wrong. We would've gotten hated and dragged.
So it's good that you fell in love with her, everyone accepted the both of you easily too.
Why wouldn't they? The prince of cricket was dating the daughter of the god of cricket after all.
I could now only wish you would be happy with her.

So I watched as you walked away. I didn't try to fight you, I didn't try to fight for us. I had accepted that you had fallen out of love.
That it was now, just me here loving you unconditionally. That our love was no longer two-sided.

________________________________________

Will post a pt2 tomorrow but idk if yall will like it or not.

Also India just lost the U19 WC against Australia..... At this point I'm immune to heartbreak. But it still hurts :(((((