7

"Don't go if you're that unwell."

"It's not that bad anymore eomma." Jungkook reassured his mother, scooping another spoonful of his banana oatmeal. "I already took the medicine before sleeping, I'm alot better now."

"Alright alright

"Alright alright." She speaks, giving up. Soon, with loud footsteps, Jungkook's sister hops down the staircase before trotting her way to the breakfast table. "Oatmeal? Eomma, I told you I don't like oats!!"

"Be thankful for whatever you're getting to eat, Chaeyong."

"Appa you always side with eomma!"

Shaking his head at her 15 year old sister's tantrums, Jungkook hurries to swallow his last bite. Once done, he places the empty bowl into the kitchen sink before wearing a black medical mask.

"Call me if your health deteriorates more, Jungkook."

"Alright appa. I'll get going."

"Look who decided to show up finally after 3 days

"Look who decided to show up finally after 3 days." Yoongi is the first one to mock jungkook while he scooched towards the other seat, making space for Jungkook to sit who sighed at the mocking.

"I was unwell, I told you in the group chat."

"Right after the party?" Hoseok asked from the other end of the table, eyeing Jungkook. "You sure you didn't eat anything bad there? Or, made to eat something bad?"

"No Hobi. All I had was some alcohol, but that was the type I usually drink." Jungkook thought. "It was probably when the cab driver had the AC on full blast on my way back. Yup, probably that."

"You should be careful bro." Jin speaks with disappointment. "Should've told him to switch it off. You paid for it, you get to have a say."

"I was too drunk and sleepy to say anything so whatever. What's done is done, I'm better now. Where's Namjoon?"

"He's gone to visit his grandmother. Oh, it reminds me." Jin then searches for something in his bagpack, before pulling out a blue colored file. "Hobi, could you hand this over to Taehyung? It's Namjoon's History project and Taehyung's in-charge of collecting them."

"We're not in the same class."

"Yeah but aren't your classrooms close by?"

"I'll do it." When Jungkook volunteers, the three of them eye him differently.

"To Taehyung? Kim, Taehyung?"

"I know which Taehyung, Jin." Jungkook scoffs; offended. "Met him at the party, we're on talking terms. Besides, if I hear those smooching sounds behind me a little longer, I'll puke."

"Fine fine." Jin chuckles, before frowning when the smooching sounds that the two girls sitting behind them were creating actually gets louder. "I'll text him once you get back."

"Mn."

This time fortunately, or maybe not so much, Jungkook wasn't completely blacked out drunk. So he still remembered major bits of what happened that night, especially between him and the popular hotshot.

And he was not at all happy with himself.

The arts department wasn't as full as science. Jungkook could only find a handful of them in the class, who were all surrounding one table in particular.

'Should I just keep this file on the window sill?' He wonders, not finding enough courage within himself to approach the male that was the center of attention. 'I'll apologize to him later—'

"Jungkook?"

Hearing his name, Jungkook looks up in reflex, finding Taehyung's upper body tilting to one side so he could have a clearer look at him past the crowd around him.

"U-uh,"

"U-uh,"

"Excuse me guys." Immediately, tons of 'no problem' and 'no issues' were thrown Taehyung's when he stood up to make his way towards Jungkook. "What are you doing here?"

"T-this. . ." He raises the file Taehyung, who takes it with a raised eyebrow. "Namjoon sent this, it's his history project. . ."

"Ah, alright." Nodding, Taehyung tucks it under his arm. He then looks up at Jungkook, as if waiting for him to continue or atleast bid a farewell.

"A-actually-"

"Let's step outside."

And that's what they did. The corridor wasn't exactly empty, but it wasn't entirely full either. The two stood facing each other, with Taehyung leaning against the wall and Jungkook standing in front of him.

"I, just wanted to drop by and say sorry for that night-"

Taehyung was wearing his everyday cologne once again, Jungkook figured that out when Taehyung placed the palm of his against his forehead. Does he also apply the cologne on his wrists? It smelled really nice.

"you're hot."

". . . Thanks?"

"No- I meant your temperature is high." Taehyung retrieves his hand. "You shouldn't have come to school."

"It's fine, I feel better."

"So you'd rather wait till it gets worse before you start taking precautions?" Taehyung tsked. "Let's go to the office. Call your parents and go home."

Being disappointed was something Jungkook didn't really mind. He can't make everyone happy. So it was probably the way Taehyung's specific disappointment made him wish to be better. To never make the boy feel disappointed with him ever again.

". . . You're still hot though."

"I guess so." Jungkook nods, touching his own forehead. "I'll probably rest for a day or two more—"

"No I meant, physically. But that should be obvious anyway." When they reach the office, Taehyung stops to turn around and face Jungkook. "I don't make friends with people who aren't hot so, that makes you hot too. Congratulations."