10.

And She Will Miss You

THE BLONDE groaned as her eyes fluttered open, a sharp pain going through her body

THE BLONDE groaned as her eyes fluttered open, a sharp pain going through her body. She coughed, her neck aching with every move. Her throat was dry and, when she attempted to call out her sister's name, it came out as a mere whisper. Suddenly, she felt her senses heighten. It was a strange feeling-one that had her head spinning. The burning in her throat intensified when her nose picked up a metallic scent. If it was any other day, she would be repulsed by the smell but, that day, she fell in love with it.

Next to her bed, on a small table, was a mug. Shakily, her hands moved to take it, her throat yearning for her to take a sip of the liquid. Just one sip. Suddenly, as if an earthquake had hit only her home, she almost dropped the mug. Thoughts rushed to her head-thoughts that had been hidden until that very moment. Remnants of what had occurred the night before entered her mind and she gasped as she realized what had happened. Well, actually, she had no idea as to what happened.

Supposedly, Elena had paid her a late night's visit and had shoved something into her mouth. It was a strange liquid and, as soon as her nose caught another whiff of what was in the mug, she noticed that it shared the same smell. What could it be? Her mind spinned and, as if she was compelled to do so, she lifted the mug and placed it against her lip, a chill going down her spine when she felt the cold container touch her lip. As soon as the eerie liquid reached her tongue, she felt a sharp pain in her gums.

She dropped the mug on the floor, ignoring how it shattered as she yelled in pain. Her fingers went to touch her teeth and she gasped, feeling sharp canines where her dull teeth should have been. She hastily pushed the covers off her body and rushed towards the mirror located on the door of her closet, feeling faint-headed when she saw that there were fangs in her mouth. Actual fangs. Panic spread throughout her mind as she thought of what the hell could have happened to her. What did Elena do?

"You're awake."

A scream almost escaped her lips when she heard a voice behind her. When she turned around, she was face to face with Elena. As the girl began to walk towards her, she took a few steps back, extending her arms in efforts of making her back off. She gasped when she saw the all too familiar veins under her eyes turn into a dark, purple-ish color. Her hands shook, confused tears threatening to spill from her eyes.

"What the fuck!"

°

RYAN FELL was cleaning out his car when he got the phone call from Stefan Salvatore, who was beginning to seem like more of an ally and less of an enemy. He had furrowed his eyebrows in puzzlement when he heard the tone of his voice-why would the strong vampire sound so afraid? His questions were answered with one name: Vicki Donovan. As it turned out, Damon Salvatore had turned her into a vampire, and she had attacked Jeremy.

When he arrived at the Gilbert residence, he walked into a conversation between Stefan and Elena. It was his mistake; he should have knocked. But the situation at hand was far too serious. There was no time for knocks.

"Do you know what's wrong with her?" Elena breathed out.

The fear in her voice was tangible, and Ryan felt guilty. He didn't think the sweet, innocent Elena Gilbert would have been dragged into a world of the supernatural. He then cleared his throat, making his presence known. The couple turned to him as he answered, "She's in transition. I'm so sorry you had to be dragged into this, Elena."

"Transitioning to what? What are you talking about?"

She was terrified. Anyone could tell. The guilt radiating off of Stefan and Ryan could be seen from a mile away, and the looks that were being sent to her concerned her even further. Stefan sighed. "Damon must have gotten to her. She's new. She hasn't completed her transformation yet."

"She's gotta feed off someone, Elena," Ryan explained. He reciprocated Stefan's sigh. "I'm so damn sorry."

"And what if she doesn't?"

The two boys exchanged a glance. Stefan took the lead, knowing it pained Ryan to even think of what would happen to the girl if she didn't feed on anyone. He was tempted to give her his own blood, but knew it went against everything the Council had taught him. Actually, everything that was going on went against what the Council taught him. If they found out, he would have been exiled. He couldn't have that happen.

"She'll die," Stefan finished. "She may only have a few hours."

A few minutes passed and Elena began to pace as Ryan sat on the couch in the living room, his head in his hands. Elena panicked, remembering that her brother was with her. "She's upstairs with him right now."

"It's okay," Stefan attempted to reconcile her. "She doesn't know what's happening to her yet. Right now, she doesn't remember anything. A part of her is still human, but slowly, the deeper she gets into the transition, the memories will start to come back, and then she'll know she has to make the choice."

"The same choice you made?" Elena snapped.

Ryan groaned. "Neither of you are helping the situation right now." Elena sent him a glare and left the room, pinching the bridge of her nose in irritation. The Fell and the Salvatore were then left in an uncomfortable silence, neither of the two intending to lessen the awkwardness. They were far too gone, and all they could do now was wait. It wasn't going to be easy.

And, that day, there wasn't just one girl who turned into the unthinkable.