ii| Daphne meets a clueless boy

Daphne had practically inhaled her breakfast and had already exited the pavilion when Theodore ran up to her.

"Hey Daph." He panted to gain his breathe and places an arm on her shoulder.

Daphne spun around to face him. "You okay?"

The son of Athena nodded. "Chiron is back, he's wanting you at the Big House ASAP."

"I'll go now." She nodded and rushed to the Big House.

She spotted Mr. D and Chiron, who sat in his wheelchair. Off to the side, leaning on the porch rail next to them was Annabeth Chase.

Daphne smirked and walked over to the girl. "Annie." She greeted.

Annabeth scowled at her. "Don't call me that, Daph."

Daphne frowned slightly. "So you can call me Daph but I can't call you Annie?"

"You know I don't like being called Annie." The girl huffed.

Daphne put her hands up in surrender. "Fine, fine."

Annabeth Chase, daughter of Athena - goddess of wisdom. If you had to ask Daphne she would tell you that Annabeth was the exact replica of her mother.

She had blonde hair and blue eyes, similar to majority of Cabin Six. Annabeth was one of the first demigods Daphne had met at camp due to Luke.

She and Luke had been on the run together and arrived at Camp at the same time. Like Daphne, Annabeth looked up to Luke and saw him as her own brother.

"Mr. Brunner!" Somebody cried.

Daphne turned to spot a boy, around the same age as her, he had dark hair and sea green eyes.

The centaur turned and smiled at him.

"Ah, good, Percy," he said. "Now we have four for pinochle."

He offered him a chair to the right of Mr. D, who looked at Percy with bloodshot eyes and heaved a great sigh. "Oh, I suppose I must say it. Welcome to Camp Half-Blood. There. Now, don't expect me to be glad to see you."

"Uh, thanks." Percy scooted a little farther away from him.

"Annabeth? Daphne?" Mr. Brunner called to the duo.

They came forward and Mr. Brunner introduced them. "This young lady nursed you back to health, Percy. Annabeth, my dear, why don't you go check on Percy's bunk? We'll be putting him in cabin eleven for now."

Annabeth said, "Sure, Chiron."

Daphne glanced at the minotaur horn in his hands, then back at the boy. The girl had to suppress a smirk, he'd have to hold on tight to that horn if he didn't want anyone to take it.

Annabeth said, "You drool when you sleep."

Then she sprinted off down the lawn, her blond hair flying behind her. Daphne barely contained her laugh.

"Do you want me to go with her?" Daphne offered but Chiron shook his head and offered her a seat.

"So," Percy said, anxious to change the subject. "You, uh, work here, Mr. Brunner?"

"Not Mr. Brunner," the centaur said. "I'm afraid that was a pseudonym. You may call me Chiron."

"Okay." Clearly totally confused, he looked at the director. "And Mr. D...does that stand for something?"

Mr. D stopped shuffling the cards. He looked at Percy like he'd just belched loudly. "Young man, names are powerful things. You don't just go around using them for no reason."