Chapter 2

"Him"

Sumedh's POV

Radhe Radhe. I am Sumedh, Sumedh Mudgalkar. I am 17 years old. I live with my Aai, Baba, Dau and Di. I am the youngest one. Shivi di is the middle child. And dau is the eldest child. We have 3 bedrooms. 1 for Aai baba. 1 for me and dau. And 1 for di.

Aai loves all of us equally. We also love our Aai. But baba loves Di and dau more than me. I don't know why but he treats me differently. I have saw Aai and baba fighting on this in their room. I feel so bad. But, it's okay if baba loves me less. At least he loves me na.

Di and dau always cheers me up when I feel low. I love to irritate my dau. He gets angry very fast. 

He has promised me that he will buy me a phone before my college starts. He takes care of my all needs. He doesn't let me feel that baba loves me less. He is a employee in M.S. Industries. 

Di is very sweet with everyone, even with strangers. But when someone crosses their limits she doesn't hesitate to beat them. My di is fearless. I adore her. She is in last year of her college. 

I just finished my school life. I was the topper of my class. Now, I want to pursue my career in becoming a cardiologist. I have small curls. I wanted to have long curls. Now I can have them. 

It is the month of May, only few days are left when I will step into my dream college. I am not at all nervous or scared. I know I can handle my studies there. I am really very excited to go and learn new things. 

I personally love Indian culture and traditions. Apply Tilak, greeting with Namaste/Pranam, touching elders feet. Traditional dress like Dhoti Kurta. I love Kurta's too much. And our traditional food. Hey Narayan! I live in Pune, Maharashtra. We celebrate Ganesh Chaturthi vastly. I am interested too much about Indian mythology.

I am a guitarist.  I got guitar as a gift from dau and di on my 15th birthday. They are best.

That's all about myself. I saw the clock. It's 8:30 AM. I should go down now. I went down and straight went to kitchen. Aai was stirring dal. 

Aai: Aaj jaldi uth gaya Sumeya.😊

She smiled.

Sum: Haanji Aai. Aai, Dau kaha hai?

Aai: Shivi ke saath baat kar raha hai. Vo dono mandir jayenge. Tu bhi jaa.

Sum: Thik hai aai.

After sometime. We 3 went to temple by walking.

We prayed in front of god and showered flowers. We were doing parikrama. Suddenly I bumped with someone. I looked down.

Sum: Shama.😔

I went. We light up diyas and worshiped god before placing the diya in front of the idols. Dau and di went to Pandit ji because they wanted to get a new Kalava on their wrists.

I looked at a girl. She was 7-8 years old. She was sitting on stairs and crying. My heart pierced. I went to her. I kneeled down in front of her.

Sum: Bacche aap ro kyu rahe ho?

She became startled. More tears fell from her eyes.