9

A month had passed and Hongjoong had, quite literally, lost the will to live. No one had told him university would be so taxing, especially if you were forced to see the person you hated the most every day.

It was true that he'd had a tiny, minuscule crush on Seonghwa in the beginning of the project, but he was starting to regret showing that boy any form of kindness because honestly, how could someone be so full of themself?

"Hyung, I'm telling you he's a narcissist."

Yunho just laughed as the younger boy continued. "You know, every time we meet at the dance studio, he's admiring himself in the mirror! Like, I get that he's handsome, I'll give him that, but does he have to do that for every move? No! And don't even get me started on the number of selfies he takes!"

Hongjoong tugged at his hair and let out a loud groan, flopping backwards onto the older boy's bed. "How can someone be so conceited?"

Yunho snorted, pulling out his phone to text someone. "Beats me. Anyway, there's only two weeks left in this project. You just gotta grit your teeth and go through with it."

"Oh, I forgot to tell you something."

"Hm?" Yunho looked up from his phone and tilted his head out of curiosity. "What did you not tell me?"

"He also doesn't like me."

"What?!" Yunho's voice echoed around the room and immediately flinched at how loud his voice was. "Sorry, but still—what do you mean he doesn't like you? How could someone not like you? And remember when you guys went to the mall together? The day you caught WooSan? Jae said you guys hit it off really well!"

"Yeah, well it seems like we did, and now he doesn't like me because I've been nagging him about performance. Don't get me wrong—I don't like him either! He's not working on his parts at all! I swear I'm going to die young at this rate. I mean, even Pax wants to sock him in the face, and that is rare."

"Oh, shit." Yunho raised his eyebrows because Pax was possibly the nicest alter in existence, so to hear that he wanted to punch Seonghwa was quite a shock.

"Seonghwa-hyung has a way of doing that." Jongho said while walking out of the bathroom, a towel hanging around his neck. "Also, who's Pax?"

Hongjoong dropped his phone out of shock as he and Yunho looked at each other, a mortified expression on both of their faces.

Oh no oh no oh no what do I —

"Do you have DID by any chance?"

It was Yunho's turn to drop his phone.

"I, uh—huh—hold on—this is—hm," was all that came out of Hongjoong's mouth, and for the first time in his entire life, the inner world was completely silent.

Jongho laughed at their shocked expressions and took his phone out from his pocket, tapping and swiping a few times before pulling up a DIDyouknow video. "And you're DIDyouknow, right?"

"B-but how...?" Yunho whispered incredulously.

"Ah, well, I have to say I'm subscribed, and when your video about Gray came out, everything just started coming together! I remember San told us you were in the hospital four months ago, and that coincides with DIDyouknow's hiatus—oh, I probably sound too excited about this, don't I?"

An awkward silence fell upon the three before Jongho continued. "And I've seen you mutter to yourself a few times, so you having DID would explain why Seonghwa keeps complaining about being hit by you a month ago—he must've said something insensitive like he always does, and it must've triggered one of your protectors to come out and full-on smack him." The boy shrugged. "To be honest, it's about time someone smacked him like that."