Ishita Sharma

Three days of packing and we are finally ready to move.

It's Monday today.

We have our flight to Jodhpur in a few hours now.

"Ishita get down quickly we have to leave for the airport" my step-mom shouts from the living room.

"Coming, stepmom!" I call back, excitement bubbling beneath the rush of packing.

Maybe "leaving now" feels a bit abrupt.

Well traffic in Delhi is a big deal so we'll have to leave now to reach airport on time.

I descended to where my supposed family awaited my arrival.

"Are you travelling in those clothes?" Anjali asked making a disgusting face.

"Yeah, Why?" I asked.

Well what's so wrong with my outfit? Grey joggers and a T-shirt is not bad for a flight.

I mean I do know we are going to Rajasthan of all places it'll he hot as hell but who wants to show skin as soon as we land there, we'll anyways reach home in a few minutes when we land.

After receiving a glare from dad and a disgusted look from Anjali and her mother I finally went and sat in the car that was going to drive us to the airport.

"Seems like we are on time" I smiled as we entered the airport.

I'm really nervous about this trip, my sixth sense tells me that it's going to a roller coaster ride.

I know that sounds ridiculous but that's what I feel.

Most importantly I can't wait to see my grandparents after a long time.

After all the procedures at the airport it's finally the time to board the flight.

Happy journey to myself.

I took my seat beside the window as I wandered my eyes around a woman around the same age as me came and took the seat beside me.

She is so pretty.

Long hair, tall and a perfect tan that makes her look like an angel.

"Hi! I'm Riya.", she introduced herself, "Ishita Sharma. Nice to meet you Riya", I beamed at her.

She smiled, "are you travelling to jodhpur?" she asked.

" Yeah. My grandparents bought a house there so we're actually shifting." I replied.

Our conversation went on pretty well throughout the flight.

We exchanged our numbers and hoped we'd meet in the locality someday.

"Please buckle up, we'll be landing soon" voice echoed from the speakers.

We'll be landing soon. I can't wait to see my dadu.

A car was already waiting for outside the airport and we reached home in almost no time.

The traffic here is so less (I mean less than what we have in Delhi).

The car pulled up into a very beautiful mansion which had a big garden.

Oh my god! This place is huge.

As soon as the driver parked the car I got down and ran to my dadu who was waiting for our arrival

"DADU..... I missed you soooo much" I almost squeezed him in my hug.

"Me too flower" dadu voiced out. Flower, my mom was the person who called me that after her death it's only dadu who remembers my nickname.

While my so called family was greeting dadu I asked him where dadi(grand mom) was, he told she was in kitchen.

I tip-toed my way there to surprise her. As soon as I spotted her I ran to her and hugged her from the back, but she didn't flinch at all.

I huffed and pouted looking at her while she just laughed at my stupidity.

"Ishu I can recognize you from your smell and your footsteps too" she smiled as she said that.

"Go get dressed properly and come down for dinner." She added.

I nodded and asked a maid the directions to my room.

Well in here we are supposed to dress modest and most preferably traditional.

I push open the door, greeted by a sigh of sky blue.

It washes over the walls, meeting the creamy comfort of the furniture in a calming embrace.

Sunlight spills through the vast windows, warming the space like a summer breeze.

My gaze drifts to the expansive bathroom, a promise of indulgence, before settling on the grand window.

It's my personal portal, framing a sliver of the world I can step out onto from my private balcony.

From the time we have landed from the plane I felt something different, there is this weird feeling in my heart I'm not able to erase.

Maybe it's just because of sun?

Is it possible?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

hope you guys like the first part...

all the pictures i use are from pinterest and credits goes to the creators of the pictures, only the characters, and storyline is mine

THANK YOU AGAIN FOR READING...

- EPSITA PATIL