Chapter 19

Barcelona

Arguably the best team in the world.

Arsenal

Maybe the best in the WSL?? (jokes ofc except last game against west ham)

Regardless we playing them for a spot in the Champions League this year.

Our line up is the same as it normally is:

Alessia leading the line

Beth and Caitlin as strikers

Vic, Frida and Lia in the midfield

Katie, Steph and Lotte in defence

Manu in goals

Our "A" team as people call it were definelty our strongest hope to hold up against the Spanish side.

For them they too obviously brought out a strong side.

Panos

Leon, Bronze, Batlle, Marta

Walsh, Bonmati, Putellas

Graham-Hanson, Mariona

Of course I was a bit disheartened as anybody would not to be in the starting line up but just got to keep a positive mindset.

Viv, Beth and I stood in an enlarged triangle, kicking the ball between us.

"Blake can you come over here" Jonas yelled at me from the sideline

I jogged over to him.

"Hey so we were thinking maybe bringing you and Kyra on maybe 80th minute depending on how things go. How does that sound?"

"Yeah that sounds great thanks"

"Perfect you can go keep warming up"

I jogged back over to Viv and Beth and told them.

They gushed at how proud they were of me and that regardless of the score today as long as I got some minutes it would be a 'great' game in their eyes. I obviosly was grateful for their adorable words.

Smiling, I looked around at the stadium filled with Barcelona fans all wearing blue and red scarfs. As I brang my attention back to our little drill, of course I linked eyes with Katie who was mindlessly kicking a ball between her and Jen.

I looked away after a few seconds by the deafening array of spanish words flooding at me.

"Mi amor te he extrañado ven ven a saludar a lucy y keira"

my love i've missed you come come say hi to lucy and keira

"Alright fine" I said

She grabbed my wrist and dragged me over to where Lucy and Keira were standing talking with Mapi Leon and Ingrid.

"Blake" Lucy shouts trapping me in a tight hug once she sees me.

"Hey Luce"

She finally lets me go when Keira lightly taps her on the back signalling she wanted to say hi too.

"Hey Keira" I say wrapping my arms around her in a much softer hug.

"Hey Blake"

"Hi I'm Blake" I say to the two spanish people I didn't know

"Of course Ona mentions you quite a bit. I'm Ingrid"

"Hi I'm Mapi"

"Hi" I reply

"So you excited for the game" Keira asks

"Yeah I guess good luck"

"You too" Ingird says

"I'll meet you after the game sí?" Ona asks

"Yeah text me when you're ready and you can come fine me"

"Ok sounds good bye"

We lost.

That was expected though.

I don't mean to sound unsupportive or doubtful of my teams strength but deep down we all knew that we weren't going to win this game.

The game ended 4-0

There were a lot of yellow cards handed out but luckily of course no reds to one certain defender.

Though honestly probably she deserved it.

I get Katie can be an agressive player and that's great, she's a great addition to our team but the level of agression she was directing in Ona's direction when in reality she shouldn't be anywhere near marking her was terrible. I feel somewhat responsible after all as she clearly thinks there is something going on. However, shouldn't matter. There isn't anything going on anymore between her and I so it shouldn't matter.

Kyra and I didn't manage to get subbed on, to which Jonas apologised about. I get it. We were losing pretty badly.

Nevertheless, after all I am in Spain so best make the most of it.

Ona

Hey I'm ready to go when you are

Ok where are you

Locker room?

Number??

3

Ok coming

Thankyou

By the way we have to drop off Alexia on the way

All good

Ok great I'm 2 min away

A/N
hey hope you have/had a great day