Chapter 25

After so long at camp. Well a week. Everything falls into a pattern. Patterns are good. They are orderly and predictable. I like predictable.

Today not so predictable. We are versing Scotland for Nations league. I, as I predicted won't be starting but I do have a chance to be a sub.

Our starting lineup for today is as follows.

Mary in goals of course.

Jess, Millie and Alex

Lucy, G, Katie, and Chloe

Rach, Lauren and LJ

For Scotland there starting line up is there normal one.

I feel kind of bad for G cause Sam is in the starting line-up and I know they are really close friends.

The ride to the stadium was new to me. The united girls sat together playing games. Lucy, Keira and G sat together being reasonably relaxed. Then everybody else was situated in pairs or trios just relaxing. However, Esme and I sat towards the back listening to music together. She was reasonably new to the squad as well and we crossed over for a few years in the U23 squad. I liked her and she liked me, so we just generally got along well.

Seeing my number 13 jersey hanging in my cubby really made everything I have ever done worth it.

"My little girl all grown up" G said from her cubby, only a few spaces away

"G don't call her little she's only a year younger than me" Ella laughed putting on her warm up kit

"I agree you're only 2 years older than me"

"I remember when I saw you first start playing soccer"

"God you're speaking like you're a hundred"

"It definitely makes me feel old"

"Cmon B gotta warm up for your first game" Ella says grabbing my hand and dragging me outside

"So you excited"

"So excited Ella"

"Are your parents here?"

"No I don't think so but I think some girls from club might have come to watch us"

"Want to go check"

"Yeah sure we can go for a little walk"

We took off on a lap round the pitch. As we walked past the fans who had come to watch they began screaming out name and asking us to sign things. Though that's reserved for after game is what G always advised me of and Ella seemed to know of this idea.

As we got to the section my name was shouted so loud I could have gone deaf.

"BLAKE"