Chapter 1

Bang Chan's POV:
As soon as I walked into the apartment, smell of fresh and hot pizza hit me. I figured y/n would be too tired to make dinner, which I understand, but I didn't expect them to pick up anything either.

I walked into the kitchen to see them scrolling on their phone while eating a slice. Double pepperoni, their favorite.

When I wase fully in the space, they looked up and sat back in their seat. "Hey, I'm home." I said while sighing.

Y/n looked up and set their phone down. "You're home early. I thought for sure you wouldn't be home till 2 or 3 again."

"That was the plan, but we finished the song and decided to call it a day. That and Changbin had to go home to celebrate his sister's birthday or something." I explained.

Y/n nodded and pushed out a chair from under the table with their foot. I took the hint and sat down, reaching for a slice of pizza right away. "I didn't think you were gonna get food." I said before blowing on the slice.

They nodded and looked down into their lap. "I wasn't going to, but I was hungry and I didn't know when you would be back." They said kind of flatly.

Their tone had been flat and not as lively as normal. Were they that tired or was there something else going on?

I finished one slice so I picked up a crust they left in the box. Ever since we went on our first date, I've always finished the crusts they won't eat.

"Mmm. I'm sorry I didn't tell you I was coming back early. I was even thinking about taking you out for a nice dinner." I said and noticed the ghost of a smile lift the corners of her lips. It didn't take form though, as they set their face back to neutral and looked up to me.

"Chris, I told you you don't need to do anything fancy for me. I thought you wanted to save up for a car."

They did tell me that, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't want to do nice things for them every now and then.

"Well, sure I do want to save up. But what kind of boyfriend would I be if I didn't take you out from time to time? Seeing you happy makes me happy. I don't need a car, but I need you to be happy." Everything I said was true.

A small blush came up to their cheeks, but their facial expression stayed the same.

Something was definitely wrong. Usually when I said something like that, they blushed and smiled, sometimes even laughed a little because they were flustered. But today, only slivers of that reaction were there.

They didn't respond, and the room went quiet. I sat waiting for something to happen, maybe they'll look up and say 'sike' or something. But nothing happened.

I finished the last stray pizza crust and reached for y/n's hand.

"I'm gonna go take a quick shower. When I get out, maybe we can go somewhere? If you don't want to, we can just finish the pizza and watch a movie." I suggested.

They nodded, still not showing much emotion.

I kissed the back of their hand and stood to head to our bedroom. As I gathered a change of clothes and a towel, I still couldn't figure out what the problem could've been.

Did I do something wrong? Did I say something? Was something taken out of context? I know I usually came home really late, but I thought today would be a nice surprise for them. There's no way around it, I must have done something, but I don't know what.

The thoughts followed me to the shower, plaguing me the whole time.

If I would have known what I know now, I wouldn't have even left the kitchen in the first place.