Chapter 1: I'd rather do paperwork than date someone

A/N Hello! For now this will be my priority book :)

The business world is a tough place. You have to be hard as nails, knowing exactly when to cave to a deal, and how low is too low. Stocks are always changing, and there's always some big controversy to address or new laws to alter your company to. Nightmare Joku is a professional at this; as well as keeping a stone cold poker face. He's so good in fact, some of the businessmen call him "The King of Stone." So what, he's emotionally reserved, super intelligent, and hard working. Plus, because of the outbursts he's known to have, he's a morally gray type guy. Unfortunately for him, that's the type of thing people today find attractive.

Nightmare showed absolutely no interest in romance, since he was just a teen. So it's no surprise that the mysterious CEO who has "never been loved" is practically a magnet to desperate people all over. Imagine the fame one could get from being the first to win the heart of the brooding CEO of Apple Tree Co? Not to mention the guy is loaded, so you'd be well off. A handsome mysterious guy with money and fame? Who wouldn't try swaying him?

Unfortunately for all these people, he has no interest in a single one of them. Social gatherings are a drag, and so his much more social twin, Dream, usually went in his place. Nightmare preferred to do all of the intellectual work behind the scenes for the business, and Dream did anything that required public face. That could be interviews, advertisements, speeches, parties; anything that wasn't paperwork. He wanted to stay as far behind the scenes as possible. It was just unfortunate people were so fascinated by him. He leaned back in his chair and sighed, looking at the ceiling.

"Woah there, what's the mysterious boss man all depressed about now? Grieving that tons of hot and well known people want to go out with you? What a world we live in!"

Nightmare groaned and shot a glare behind him. His bodyguard, Killer, was an absolute menace when it came to his issues. He was probably the most annoying staff member employed, but he was loyal and very efficient. Plus, as much as emo Mr.Nightmare would never admit it, he liked having someone around to ease the tension.

"Yeah, but I bet you wouldn't be so happy about this if I decided to cut your pay for all the times I've caught you slacking off huh? So if I were you, I'd keep my mouth shut."

Killer smirked and shrugged; his pitch black eyes showing no hint of emotion. He was absentmindedly tossing a knife around. Occasionally he'd twirl it around his fingers. Nightmare would be very, very worried about this if Killer wasn't an absolute master when it came to knives. Still, it was sometimes annoying.

"You've never punished me for it before, so why would you now? I know that deep down in your cold little heart you don't mind my teasing."

Nightmare rolled his eye. That was another thing that freaked his opponents out; Nightmare's appearance. To be fair though, who wouldn't be? The guy was a skeleton covered in black goop, with four tentacles coming out of his back. He also only had one eye, the place where the other should be covered by his goopy exterior.

Suddenly, the door burst open. A ball of sunshine barrelled straight into the room, followed by a frantic bodyguard. Nightmare looked up, only to be met face to face with his energetic twin, Dream. Dream was the exact opposite of Nightmare; Kind, outgoing, energetic. It was like when the two were born Dream just absorbed all the socially acceptable genes. He was basically a walking green flag, and Nightmare wished everyone was obsessed with marrying him instead. (No, he didn't. He would destroy anyone who came near his brother.)

Then again, he knew exactly why nobody went after him. Everyone was too busy trying to figure out when Dream would date Cross. Speaking of Cross, he was frantically trying to apologize for not being able to stop Dream from bursting in. Cross was Dream's bodyguard, and also a very trustworthy friend of Nightmare. That's originally why he chose him for this job, but he hadn't expected any developments to happen between those two. He tightened his grip around the pen he was using to write paperwork.