Chapter 8: I am NOT fine, I am PANICKING.

A/N : POOKIES I AM SO SORRY FOR THE BREAK I JUST GOT ADDICTED TO INSTA AGAIN WHILE POSTING ART FORGIVE MEEE

Dawn woke up to the chirping of birds, the swaying of trees, and a soft summer breeze. That, and a panic attack of course. She lay in bed, sweating bullets. Today was the big day; the day where she would quite literally run away to her new life with a strange man she'd never met and knew little more than rumors about.

She knew she should get up, get ready, and just in general be excited. She was frozen in her sheet cocoon however, glancing around anxiously. Her family would be coming to get her soon enough; the bride had a lot of preparing to do after all. She took a deep breath in, exhaling slowly.

She slowly pushed the sheets off, sitting up tentatively. Her dress had already been sent to the wedding venue, so she shuffled to her closet, shakily opening it up. There was no point in wearing something super complicated, because she would just be changing when she got into the changing room anyway.

Dawn rolled her eyes as she picked out a simple pink kimono with a red ribbon. She would be trapped in her room all day, at least until the ceremony. The groom wasn't supposed to see the bride before she walked down the aisle, and apparently Nightmare was too stubborn to set up a system that would let the Bride's party know when he would be out and about.

As she slipped on her kimono and slid on a short pair of geta, she stretched up, looking at the ceiling between her feelings. Would the wedding be different if she was marrying the love of her life? Then again, she never had been let out and she doubted she would be. For all their opposition, in the end she would've ended up in an arranged marriage of their choice. Of that she was certain.

Suddenly, the door burst open and Outer came in, jaw dropped in shock, he aggressively pointed at his phone. Dawn leaned in and squinted at the slightly blurry screen; seriously, when had these texts become hard to read? After a moment, she finally deciphered what he was showing her and burst out laughing.

Outer crossed his arms and pouted. His face was flushed, his signature dark blue with little constellations within. Outer was fun to mess with, and almost everyone took that chance any time they could. Everyone was used to seeing an embarrassed Outer; it was quite endearing to them.

"What the heck Dawn? I know I agreed to be your maid of honor as one of your best friends, but you did NOT tell me you'd be doing this! Not even a little warning; were you planning to tell me, like, ever?"

Dawn chuckled and pushed his phone down, walking out into the hall. Outer followed behind, trailing her absentmindedly. Dawn had just been going to let her maid of honor be a guy in a suit, since that was her best friend anyway. However, Eight and Blossom had a different idea. A very different idea. A very amusing idea.

"What's the matter Outer? You're the maid of honor- people might think that you're a groomsman if you wear a suit. Plus, I think you'll look stunning in the dress we picked for you. Or are you saying no? I mean, I guess I can always just have someone else come up with a sad toast or something."

"I- no, you don't have to. I'll wear the dress; but you totally owe me one okay? This is going to be the first impression everyone important that we might interact with while I'm guarding you will have of me. The accessories to match this dress better be flawless you hear? Flawless."

Outer cracked a smile, as Dawn burst into giggles. In all truth, the dress had been a surprise, but he had accepted it. He didn't really mind that much; he'd always thought dresses were pretty. However, he knew Dawn really well; and he knew that she'd be on pins and needles today when she woke up.

If he dramatized his reactions, it would get her to laugh at her silly plan. If she laughed, chances were that she'd relax and be a whole lot less miserable. Besides, as one of her two best friends and the maid of honor, it was his duty to cheer her up and make sure that this truly was one of the happiest days of her life, even if she didn't know the groom.