Chapter 12: Fear and Fierce

A/N BACK AFTER THE BREAKUP BABY LETS GO TIME TO CHUG FORWARDS YEAHHHH!!!!

The preparations began all of a sudden. Ccino was dressed in a flash and pulling out the dresses for everyone else. Every dress was a dark blue, minus the white wedding dress. The wedding dress was white, as Eight had already stated but that was ages ago. The readers probably forgot. She shrugged.

Blossom looked over at Eight and scrunched her eyebrows. Her friend was just standing there shrugging. To the dresses being pulled out? To something else entirely? It made absolutely no sense.

"Eight? Are you coming? I don't think it'll be hard to find your dress. Nobody else here is an eight foot tall shape shifting slime. You should change your slime color to a lighter blue to match."

Eight nodded. This was an excellent idea. They would look stunning, and their few seconds of glory in the aisle would be worth it. Dawn really would love sharing the spotlight, but a few seconds were enough for her. Dawn would have to stick it out alone. It was the whole point of a wedding; but still.

"Yeah yeah. You know, it's kind of funny that Outer has the fanciest dress here even though he isn't the bride. You might shock someone into silence with that dress, Space boy."

Outer rolled his eyes, staring at his dress. It was pretty for sure; but he felt like it was elaborate to the point that Dawn was obvious in the fact she didn't want the spotlight. It was a long flowing dress, studded with gems to look like the night sky. Outer had a feeling that they weren't just rhinestones either. The base fabric was a deep blue like the other bridesmaids, even though it was quite different.

He slid it on, grumbling the whole way. Everyone had decided to wear outfits under their dresses; simple shorts and t-shirts. It was mostly for a comfortability factor, but also just so if something happened to their dress they would all have a backup. He glanced in the mirror, noticing even more detail.

The sleeves were long and stopped at his wrist; but they were too long. Like a kimono, they hung down at the end. They were sheer, a much paler blue fabric littered with glitter. He spun around, before tripping and stumbling over the long skirt. He turned around, embarrassed, to face everyone else.

He and Ccino were the odd ones out. Ccino was a different color scheme; mostly because of his last second decision to commit to being a bridesmaid. Outer's dress was the same color, but other than that it was super elaborate. He sighed and shook his head.

"Well, I feel a bit over the top. At least it's not completely overboard huh?"

A glance was shared between the bridesmaids. Even Ccino had a small grin on his face. Outer felt his blood run cold as he felt a gloved hand rest on his shoulder. The pure chaos in the small giggle Dawn let out was enough to make Outer wish he had never agreed to any of this.

"Oh not at all. No glow-up is complete without accessories and makeup, right?"

Outer slowly turned around to face Dawn. He took a second to stare; she looked amazing in her dress, and he couldn't be more proud of his best friend. She had kept it pretty simple; but altered it slightly at the end to fit in more with her bridal party. She wore very few accessories, just a simplistic silver tiara with a few jewels hanging down. She wore long gloves, which were also blue at the tips. With a small silver dagger necklace, her look was simple but beautiful.

"Yeah, I suppose. I don't want to accidentally outshine you though! Your simplistic look is beautiful, but I don't think I quite fit in anymore. Are you sure you want to make mine more intricate? People might think it's tacky."

Dawn rolled her eyes and started pushing him towards the mirrors, where the others had already picked up makeup sponges and brushes. Tsunami had dashed to the back and brought some accessories with her. She was grinning wildly, and it looked like her mind was off the wedding. For now at least.