Chapter 9: my in-laws might be a little crazy

A/N : sorry it's shorter today guys! I got carried away drawing 😭 

After everyone got back into the car, the gang continued their trip. Cross was absolutely refusing to talk to Killer, and Nightmare had to deal with listening to all of the bickering coming from the backseats. After another half hour, they finally arrived at the venue. Nightmare let out a sigh of relief as he finally stepped out of the cramped car.

Everyone filed out after them, looking around in awe. There was a beautiful Glass dome in which the outline of tables and decorations was visible. That had to be where the after-party type thing would occur. Nightmare had no idea what usually happened in a wedding, but he was sure that his wedding would be missing quite a few of the usual details and processes.

That was fine, it was just a ceremony involved with a business deal. He knew that he was one of the only people who was treating it as such. As he opened the door, he was met with clamoring from a lot of people. They were all rearranging things, then returning to a short skeleton for answers.

Nightmare recognized him from a description Dream had given; this was Ccino. He was a close friend of the bride and her personal barista. He was fantastic at things such as design, and would be moving into the staff complex to stay with Dawn. He had questioned why this was necessary, but it seemed it was one of the terms for the proposal to be accepted.

The boys walked in behind him, taking in the scene. Ccino noticed them as he was talking to a tall, shadowy woman. He called out, and a slightly taller girl walked over like she was carrying the weight of the world on her shoulders. She looked like this was the last place she would ever want to be. She appeared to get into an argument with Ccino, but was cut off by a swift hit to the head by a passing slime person.

The girl turned around and shot Nightmare a death glare to end all death glares. She didn't look very friendly. Standing slightly above Ccino's height the girl didn't look that old. Her bones were white, but there were spots on her arms and neck where they were slightly scarred. She wore a simple blue shirt, accompanied by black ripped jeans, spiked leather boots, and a very aggressively pointed leather jacket.

That wasn't even the extent of teenage angst her look had going for her. She had cat eyes drawn on that were so sharp that it looked like they could kill someone. She stuck her tongue out at Ccino as she approached them, revealing a piercing. She had hair slightly past her shoulders, looking as if it was made out of water itself. It waved and moved around like it had a tide of its own. It was a deep turquoise, like the sea before a storm.

She walked up to them, eying each person of the group with distaste. She narrowed her eyes as she got a head count before turning around and quickly walking off. She waved her hand in a motion for them to follow, and when they hesitated she sighed like a teacher handed homework that was due several years ago.

"There's six of you right? You fit the count and description for the Groom and his party. I'm taking you losers to your prep rooms. If you'd rather ditch the wedding than follow me then please, please be my guest."

She flicked her wrist dismissively and kept walking, as Nightmare followed from a short distance. His gang were having all types of reactions; although it was pretty obvious that Killer thought this was the funniest thing in the world. He wouldn't stop grinning and making comments about how unwelcome the groom was on his own day. Nightmare wished he'd shut up.

The girl stopped in front of a room, slamming the door open, gesturing at it, and leaving. Nightmare just brushed it off, although he was rather annoyed at the young girl. Inside, boredly scrolling through his phone was Lust. He looked up and grinned, standing up and walking over to the group.