00

ever since she was twelve years old, y/n wished her soulmate would speak up a little more.

at first, y/n wasn't even sure she had a soulmate. she knew that everyone was supposed to get one around the time they hit puberty, but nothing ever came up.

growing up, her mother told her stories about how she'd lay awake at night spending hours 'talking' to a masculine voice in her head.

when someone has a soulmate, they're able to
communicate telepathically. though, for some reason, the words get broken up when it comes to identifying factors, such as names.

weird, right?

anyway, getting back to y/n's silent soulmate, she only noticed she had one while she was studying for a very important test.

while she was going through her flash cards, she heard mumming to an unfamiliar song. at first she looked around her room, thinking one of her family members was nearby.

'hello?' y/n thought.

no one responded. y/n sighed and went back to studying, she must be hearing things. it was probably her quirk that started to mess with her hearing anyway-

'hi?'

"HOLY SHIT, YOU'RE REAL!" y/n yelled as her eyes widened. the shock made her drop her flashcards.

"Y/N! LANGUAGE, PLEASE," yelled her mother from down the hall.

"SORRY!" she started picking up the cards off the floor.

'you're real?'

'well, i think so yeah.'

'you're quiet, you know? we gotta work on that.'

y/n closed her laptop and walked away from her desk. who needed last-minute studying when she finally got into contact with her soulmate!

'we?'

'yes, we! i was waiting on you to reach out! i'm sure you've heard me trying to reach you!' her other half remained silent. thinking she offended him, she backtracked.

'you know what? forget about it! it's okay! i gotta say though,' y/n laid back on her bed, looking up at her ceiling as she pushed back her cuticles. 'i thought you were a girl at first. i figured you weren't talking to me 'cause you were freaking out about you being gay and having to spend the rest of your life loving another girl.'

y/n could hear his laugh reverberating around her head, which caused her to laugh, too.

'oh, oh! before i forget! do you have a quirk?'

'i do, it's-' y/n felt her head get foggy as whatever her soulmate was saying came out as if it was a phone call with bad service.

'damn it! i can't even know that?'

'what, you didn't hear me?'

'nope!'

as the night went on, the two spent hours 'talking.'

they spoke so long, in fact, that by the time they stopped y/n realized it was long past her bedtime.

needless to say, she did not do very well on her test the next morning.

a/n:
soulmate aus they could
never make me hate you