Chapter 14: A Complicated Series Of Emotions

Rocco's Bar, Parking Lot, Unknown Location, Baltiney, New York...

     Richard slammed his fist down on the hood of his car as he stood amid the rain unable to find Misty after she had taken off without a word and left him with a series of complicated and swirling emotions that he had thought long dead since his marriage to Kathine had ended. He had not been of the mind to want to have taken back the bliss and release he felt after five long years of nothing, but he had wished to have been able to stop Misty before he saw fit to take off. From the moment they met the middle-aged man had been drawn to her, she was like a spark amid a darkened well, and he barely had the strength to climb out of it. When she kissed him it was like a bolt of lightning shot through him and brought him back to life. For a moment he was just a stupid sixteen-year-old boy again kissing the hottest girl in the school. Everything else that happened had resulted from the sixteen-year-old boy forgetting where he was and who he was with when the feeling of Misty's soft warm body had been pressed against him. The sounds of the rain had been merely a backdrop and the fog from their mutual breaths had covered the windows entirely due to their collective body heat.

That one kiss was all it took to ignite the spark that he thought had been long dead in him and before he knew it, he'd been buried inside her warmth to the hilt bare and unable to get the sensation out of his mind.

Still reeling off the emotions he didn't know he had, Richard made his way back inside his car and slammed the door as he sat enduring a round of heavy breathing brought on by frustration in the rain. He couldn't shake the feelings he had for the strange young woman who had taken it upon herself to remind him of what it felt like to feel something other than numbness and despair only to take it away from him again.

"Shit." he hissed recalling her warm body being pressed against his.

He looked around once more before sitting back in his seat and closing his eyes where she plagued him further erasing the distant memories of the passion lost with the reminder of what could have still been achieved.

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

The Alleyway, Unknown Location, Baltiney, New York...

Misty caught her breath as she took the time to reflect on what had just happened between her and the handsome drunkard Richard. She couldn't recall a moment where she'd met anyone as kind or as decent in looks as he'd been and wondered if she'd take it a step too far having sex with him when they hardly knew one another. It was an altogether odd thing to ponder considering how she had been sleeping with a good deal of men she didn't know nor would she want to meet again after their first encounter but it seemed she felt differently about Richard. He had not been one of her clients, so to speak, and she seemed to have something of a crush on him from the moment he strolled up to her in the bar.

Despite her rushing off, he had not been a bad lay, not in the least and had they the privilege of sharing a bed, she might have lingered and taken him up on an encore offer. She'd been a bit out of sorts ever since he had invaded her dreams and she wanted only to be rid of him if only to will herself to get through the day and the clients that came along with it.

Her plan had not worked as well as she had hoped as Richard seemed to have more of a hold on her than she could have ever imagined. For a moment, she considered rushing back to him, admitting her folly and just throwing herself into his arms but she had not believed he'd be receptive after what she'd done. Her years of being on the streets and the seedy hearts of men from her past had been all the indication that she needed to make an excuse not to do so.

Still, the impulse to run back to him had filled her and she barely knew what to do with herself in the wake of all that had happened between them. She could still feel his breath against her soft skin as he leaned near her neck and the weight of his body beneath her as she rode him amid the rain. The cramped space had not done any of them any favors but it was just enough to allow them to indulge in wave after wave of sensation when the act had gotten underway.

"Richard," she said in something like a whisper as she moved seemingly boneless in her steps as she tried her best to put him out of her mind.

There was always something about the handsome drunken man who had cared for her in their brief time together in ways that no man had been capable of showing since she'd found out the truth about her former boyfriend and the betrayal that followed. Misty had not been a fool, she wanted no part in sticking around to see the other shoe drop as far as Richard had been concerned, men like him had been a dime a dozen. Or at least that's what she told herself day after day when silly notions of a loving relationship and a family of her own had gotten into her mind and prevented her from getting on with things business as usual.

Sadly, she couldn't write what she'd done with Richard off as just business, he had not actively been her client. She had done what she did with him for free and as a result, she couldn't seem to get him out of her head.