OWN AND SENSITIVITY

Owning a trait like sensitivity can be both a blessing and a curse. It's like holding a double-edged sword that can either harm or nurture. I have always struggled with finding the balance to wield this sword effectively.

Sensitive people are often perceived as weak or emotional. It's a label that has been around for ages. However, sensitivity is not an emotion, and it's not a weakness. In reality, it's a trait that allows us to connect with others on a level that is deeper and richer than most people can fathom. Sensitive people tend to be empathetic, intuitive, and compassionate. This ability to feel other people's emotions is where our strength lies.

Owning my sensitivity has been a journey of self-discovery. When I was younger, I was often labeled as being too emotional and overly sensitive. Words and situations that others brushed off would stay with me for hours, sometimes days. I was often the odd one out, the target of teasing and ridicule.

Growing up, I came to realize that my sensitivity was a powerful asset. It allowed me to relate to others and connect with them at a deeper level. I could easily empathize with others and feel the emotions they were experiencing. It became my way of finding common ground with those around me.

Owning my sensitivity has also forced me to become more self-aware. I have learned to recognize when my emotions are getting too intense and when I need to take a step back. It's crucial for my mental health and overall well-being. I have also learned to communicate my emotions effectively, which has helped in my personal and professional relationships.

Of course, owning my sensitivity has its challenges. I am more prone to anxiety and overthinking. I can easily become overwhelmed in social situations, and often need to retreat to recharge my batteries. I am also more sensitive to criticism and rejection. But these challenges are the price I pay for owning something as profound as being sensitive.

In some ways, owning my sensitivity has made me a better person. I have developed a keen sense of empathy that has helped me connect with others on a level that is unique and meaningful. I have learned to communicate more effectively and confidently, and I have become more self-aware.

Many people may see sensitivity as a flaw, but I have come to realize that it's a powerful tool that can be both a blessing and a curse. It's a trait that has allowed me to connect with those around me and cultivate more meaningful relationships. It's a trait that has helped me become more aware of my emotions and become a better version of myself. So, I embrace my sensitivity and everything that comes with it, with open arms.