MEDIA AND INFLUENCE'S

Media is a powerful entity in our modern world today. With its presence being accessible through various platforms, from social media to television, media has become an unstoppable force that flows all around the world and has the ability to influence our thoughts, behaviors, and perspectives.

One of the most striking issues regarding the influence of social media is its impact on the younger generation. Kids today are growing up constantly connected to social media devices online and responding to the views and opinions of their peers. Social media provides the possibility to connect to many people in a short amount of time and at a cheap cost, but social media can also produce risks and problems for our younger generation.

Media can also impact how people feel about themselves and their perception of the world around them. This is especially evident in the world of advertising, where perfect faces and body shapes are forced to be seen as beauty standards that must be achieved by everyone. This has an impact on people, especially women, to develop negative perceptions about themselves, which can lead to more serious mental health problems such as depression, anxiety, and eating disorders.

Media can also influence our views toward politics and national leadership. With news that media brings, the general public can easily form opinions and public views on political and social issues that arise. However, this also poses a serious problem when it comes to participation in elections. In some cases, media provides twisted views about the candidates and creates a negative image of themselves, which keeps citizens away from the democratic process.

Moreover, media can also affect the entertainment industry and popular culture. Movies, music, and television all have the power to influence our behavior and shape our views of the world. In the entertainment industry, media has the power to resurrect popular and pre-modern cultures and introduce innovative visual arts and sound engineering. However, media can also produce negative impacts on children and teenagers such as the dangers of violence, drug use, and bad behavior that do not conform to positive and constructive values.

Most importantly, media is becoming a big part of human life today, and it is inevitable that media will continue to influence the way we think, respond, and create values in the world. It is important for us to be more critical in filtering the information provided by the media and to become a smart and wise society in using media for our benefit. As media consumers, we must be aware of the power of media and its influence on our thoughts and behavior, and use media wisely and responsibly.