Chapter 6: Date

It was 8:30 when I woke up. Shit, I was very late. Also, I had a class at 9:00 today. It's impossible for me to reach there on time. So it was useless hurrying things up anyway.

So I called Vyom, and excused with him. He must be really tired of my usual nonsense that he didn't even protest.

Just as I ended my call, Erum woke up.

"Good morning babyy." I greeted her with a big smile. I was feeling very happy happy today.

She just rubbed her eyes and looked at me. Yep, not a morning baby.

I put some song on TV and started dancing taking her with me. She started laughing. There is no better music than the laughter of your kid. My heart was full. I twirled her around which earned me a few more giggles.

"Maa bas." She said, holding her head. I put her on the sofa and made fart noises from her tummy.

"Ewww." I said scrunching my nose.

"No maa, you did that." She said pouting. I pouted back at her.

"No college ?" She asked.

"No. Today we will go on a mommy daughter date." I said excitedly.

"Yaay. No saipu pulling my hairs." She raised her hands in air in victory. I am pretty sure erum and her saipu will have their enemies to lovers trope.

"Chalooo, let's get freshened up, and have breakfast." I said taking her to the washroom and bathed her.

I changed her into a old night suit, in case she dirties herself before going out.

I got her toys and spread it out in the living room for her to play as I made breakfast. I made Aloo paratha today.

After breakfast, I did the laundry and cleaned my work area. It had papers and books all over it. I finished little chores here and there and went to take a shower. I could hear Erums voice where she was just talking to herself.

I wore a white salwar, I don't know why, I was feeling pretty today. I carried Erum to put her clothes as well. I put on a really cute light yellow checkered jumpsuit. She was looking so pretty. Allahumma Barik.

There is this park nearby, which also has a lake. Also, the weather today was pretty nice. So I decided for a picnic.

And picnics are incomplete without sandwiches. I had made the chicken stuffing while making breakfast, all i had to do was fill it in the bread and grill it. So I made chicken sandwiches fatafat. And packed some snacks, chocolates, whatever I had at home. If Erum wants anything more, I'll buy on the way.

I fed her a sandwich, because it was almost lunch, and she was hungry.

By the time everything was ready it was 3. I put on some light makeup, and wore a jhumka, wore my bangles. Yep, full on desi girl vibes.

"Let's goo darling." I excitedly told Erum.

"You look pwetty mamma. I also lippy." She said pointing to my lips.

"You look even more pwettyy. And, lippy after you become like mamma, not now." She blushed, and I kissed her cheeks.

I took my picnic basket in one hand, and held her hands in other. She was carrying her doll and blocks set. I don't know how that little hand managed to carry all that, but I let her be. I locked my apartment and went to the parking.
__________________________________________