Chapter 17: A second chance ?

I felt someone outside our table, so I peeked my head from behind the curtains only to see a man rushing out. I came out to see who it was, and it was Subhan. Well, I could never be wrong about the man who is giving me sleepless nights lately, could I now ?

"He couldn't have heard what I said right ?" I asked Ehana, an unknowing feeling lurking within me.

"Who ?"

"Subhan."

"Ooh damn. Let's go out and check." She said and got the bill.

We paid and left the restaurant, and we made our way to the parking. Where else could they have gone anyway ?!

My heart shattered into thousand pieces or more, I couldn't tell at this moment, as I saw him on his knees. I could just see a side of his face from where we were standing, but I felt the pain etched on his face which mirrored the one I felt in my heart.

I couldn't hear what he was saying, but the way his body was shaking from all the crying he is doing, I am sure he is not in the right state.

My feet carried me forward on their own accord but Ehana stopped me.

"Why ? Why now ?" She asked.

I opened and closed my mouth like a fish, because I didn't know why.

"You want to lose this ? I have never seen any man crumble like this let alone in front of people. He really loves you and I actually think he deserves a chance."

I opened my mouth but she cut me off.

"I know he has wronged you or has broken your heart in the past, and I'm not trying to minimise what you went through. But think about it, he's reaching out now, admitting his mistakes, and is guilty of what he has done. Think about it." She said giving me a pat.

Seeing him broken like this after everything he has put me through, stirred up a storm of unknown feelings in me. A part of me wanted to run towards him and wrap my arms around him and just forgive and forget everything and kiss the hell out of him, but the other part of me, the part that carried the pain and betrayal from before couldn't bring myself to do it.

After what seemed like forever he wiped his tears, and I caught Sahils eye.

They spoke for a little while, and then Sahil sent him and the other guy before approaching us.

"Hey." He said.

We exchanged pleasantries and he asked about Erum and then got to the point.

"I wish you didn't have to see that. I never saw bhai this way ever." He said rubbing his eyes, as to stop him from crying.

I took a step forward a hugged him, and he wrapped me around his arm.

"Please give him a chance Ayru, I don't know what was in the past, please sort it out. I never want to see bhai this way ever again." A few tears dropped on my shoulder and I pulled away.

"I do-don't know what to say." I said hesitating.

He wiped his eyes and face, and then looked at me pleadingly.

"Just give him another chance. As far as I know bhai, he will go to any extent to get you to forgive him. He was already planning something, and he was determined. But today as he heard you say that you didn't need him, it broke his confidence."

"Don't let his confidence down. I know I am asking for too much, but.." He stopped mid-way.

"This is the same exact thing I have been saying to her. She has been through a lot in the previous marriage, but you can't stay like this forever, at some point you will need someone, if not for you for Erum. She is too young. She needs a dad. And Subhan is your answer. To everything." Ehana said, siding with Sahil.